Table of Contents
The No. 13 Virginia Cavaliers (11-3, 3-2 ACC) host the North Carolina Tar Heels (11-5, 3-2 ACC) in a matchup of ACC teams at John Paul Jones Arena, beginning at 9:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 10, 2023. The Cavaliers are 4.5-point favorites in the game. The matchup has a point total of 135.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cavaliers vs. Tar Heels
- Game Day: Tuesday, January 10, 2023
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
- Arena: John Paul Jones Arena
Virginia Betting Stats & Information
- Virginia is 6-2 in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 75%).
- The Cavaliers have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -201 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Cavaliers have put together a 4-10-0 record against the spread.
- The Tar Heels are winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- The average point total in Virginia’s games this season is 5.9 fewer points than the total of 135.5 in this matchup.
North Carolina Betting Stats & Info
- North Carolina has been the underdog in three games this season, and it has failed to win any of those contests.
- The Tar Heels have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +162.
- The Tar Heels have a 5-11-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Tar Heels have not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 4.5 points or more this season (0-1).
- North Carolina’s games this year have averaged a total of 155.6 points, 20.1 more than the point total in this matchup.
Virginia vs. North Carolina Season Stat Comparison
|Virginia Rank||Virginia AVG||North Carolina AVG||North Carolina Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Virginia Cavaliers Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Cavaliers is Kihei Clark, who scores 11.4 points and dishes out 6.3 assists per game.
- Virginia’s best rebounder is Jayden Gardner, who averages 5.3 boards per game in addition to his 11.3 PPG average.
- Armaan Franklin makes more threes per game than any other member of the Cavaliers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.1 per contest.
North Carolina Tar Heels Leaders
- Armando Bacot holds the top spot on the Tar Heels leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 18.8 points and 11.2 rebounds per game.
- Caleb Love’s assist statline leads North Carolina; he dishes out 3.4 assists per game.
- Love is reliable from deep and leads the Tar Heels with 1.9 made threes per game.