Table of Contents
Defending champ Hideki Matsuyama is among the favorites (+2000) to reclaim his title in the 2023 Sony Open in Hawaii at Waialae Country Club. In this article, we’ll break down his recent form to help you make your best bets on Matsuyama before he tees off in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Sony Open in Hawaii Time and Location
- Date: January 12-15, 2023
- Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
- Course: Waialae Country Club
- Par: 70 / 7,044 yards
- Defending Champ: Hideki Matsuyama
Hideki Matsuyama Recent Performance
- Matsuyama has finished below par nine times, completed his day without a bogey once and finished nine rounds with a better-than-average score over his last 18 rounds played.
- He has carded a top-five score twice and a top-10 score three times in his last 18 rounds.
- Matsuyama has finished with a score within three shots of the day’s best in three of his last 18 rounds, while finishing within five strokes of the top score of the day eight times.
Hideki Matsuyama History at Sony Open in Hawaii
- Over his past seven appearances at this tournament, Matsuyama has finished atop the leaderboard once with an average finish of 22nd place.
- Matsuyama survived the cut in five of his last seven entries in this event.
- Matsuyama won it all in 2022 in his most recent appearance in the event.
- He carded the top score out of the field in two rounds the last time he played this tournament.
Hideki Matsuyama’s Last 5 Tournaments