Table of Contents
The Virginia Tech Hokies (11-5, 1-4 ACC) are 1.5-point favorites as they look to turn around a four-game losing streak when they visit the Syracuse Orange (10-6, 3-2 ACC) on Wednesday, January 11, 2023 at JMA Wireless Dome. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET. The over/under for the matchup is set at 139.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Hokies vs. Orange
- Game Day: Wednesday, January 11, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Syracuse, New York
- Arena: JMA Wireless Dome
Virginia Tech Betting Stats & Information
- Virginia Tech has won 66.7% of its games this season when favored on the moneyline (10-5).
- The Hokies have not played as a moneyline favorite of -125 or shorter.
- The Hokies’ ATS record is 7-9-0 this season.
- When they have played as at least 1.5-point underdogs this year, the Orange are 2-2 against the spread.
- The average point total for Virginia Tech’s games this season is 0.4 fewer points than the total of 139.5 in this matchup.
Syracuse Betting Stats & Info
- Syracuse has entered the game as underdogs four times this season and won once.
- The Orange have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +102 odds on them winning this game.
- The Orange have an 8-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Orange have a 2-2 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 1.5 points or more this season.
- The average total for Syracuse’s games this year is 4.4 more points than the point total of 139.5 for this outing.
Virginia Tech vs. Syracuse Season Stat Comparison
|Virginia Tech Rank||Virginia Tech AVG||Syracuse AVG||Syracuse Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Virginia Tech Hokies Leaders
- The Hokies leader in points and assists is Sean Pedulla, who puts up 17.3 points per game to go with 4.3 assists.
- Virginia Tech’s best rebounder is Justyn Mutts, who averages 8.1 boards per game in addition to his 13.1 PPG average.
- Hunter Cattoor leads the Hokies in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.1 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Syracuse Orange Leaders
- Joseph Girard III is the top scorer for the Orange with 16.8 points per game. He also adds 2.9 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game to his statistics.
- Syracuse’s leader in rebounds is Jesse Edwards with 10.8 per game, and its leader in assists is Judah Mintz with 4.1 per game.
- Girard averages 3.1 three-pointers per game, the most on the Orange.