Table of Contents
The No. 8 Gonzaga Bulldogs (14-3, 3-0 WCC) will try to build on a nine-game winning streak when they visit the BYU Cougars (13-6, 3-1 WCC) on Thursday, January 12, 2023 at Marriott Center as 6.5-point favorites. The matchup airs at 9:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 150.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Bulldogs vs. Cougars
- Game Day: Thursday, January 12, 2023
- Game Time: 9:30 PM ET
- Location: Provo, Utah
- Arena: Marriott Center
Gonzaga Betting Stats & Information
- Gonzaga has won 10 of 12 games when the moneyline favorite this season (83.3%).
- The Bulldogs have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -269 or shorter.
- The Bulldogs have a 5-11-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Cougars are a perfect 2-0 against the spread when an underdog by 6.5 points or more this season.
- The average over/under Gonzaga has had set in matchups this season is 8.4 more points than this outing’s point total.
BYU Betting Stats & Info
- This season, BYU has won three out of the six games in which it has been the underdog.
- The Cougars have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +215.
- The Cougars’ ATS record is 8-8-1 this season.
- In games they have played as at least 6.5-point underdogs this year, the Cougars are 2-0 against the spread.
- BYU’s games this season have averaged an over/under of 141.3 points, 9.2 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Gonzaga vs. BYU Season Stat Comparison
|Gonzaga Rank||Gonzaga AVG||BYU AVG||BYU Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Gonzaga Bulldogs Leaders
- The Bulldogs leader in points and rebounds is Drew Timme, who scores 21.8 points and grabs 7.9 rebounds per game.
- Nolan Hickman leads Gonzaga in assists, averaging 3.6 per game while also scoring 8.8 points per contest.
- Julian Strawther makes more threes per game than any other member of the Bulldogs, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of two per contest.
BYU Cougars Leaders
- Fousseyni Traore collects 12.8 points and 7.9 rebounds per game for the Cougars, enough to make him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Dallin Hall notches more assists than any other BYU player with 3.5 per game. He also scores 6.7 points and pulls down 2.1 rebounds per game.
- Jaxson Robinson hits two three-pointers per game, the most on the Cougars.