Table of Contents
The Lamar Cardinals (4-12, 0-3 Southland) will try to end a seven-game losing streak when they host the Nicholls State Colonels (7-8, 2-1 Southland) on Thursday, January 12, 2023 at Montagne Center as big, 10.5-point underdogs. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 143.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Colonels vs. Cardinals
- Game Day: Thursday, January 12, 2023
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Location: Beaumont, Texas
- Arena: Montagne Center
Nicholls State Betting Stats & Information
- Nicholls State has been the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and it won both of the games.
- The Colonels have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -606 or shorter.
- The Colonels are 5-5-1 against the spread this season.
- The Cardinals are 4-3 against the spread when an underdog by 10.5 points or more this season.
- The average point total in Nicholls State’s games this year is 4.3 more points than the total of 143 in this matchup.
Lamar Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Lamar has been listed as the underdog in 11 games and failed to win any of those contests.
- The Cardinals have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +418.
- The Cardinals are 6-7-0 against the spread this year.
- The Cardinals have a 4-3 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 10.5 points or more this season.
- The average total for Lamar’s games this year is 2.3 more points than the point total of 143 in this outing.
Nicholls State vs. Lamar Season Stat Comparison
|Nicholls State Rank||Nicholls State AVG||Lamar AVG||Lamar Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Nicholls State Colonels Leaders
- The Colonels scoring leader is Latrell Jones, who averages 15.3 per contest to go with 4.7 rebounds and 1.7 assists.
- Nicholls State’s leading rebounder is Emanuel Littles averaging 7.5 boards per game and its best passer is Micah Thomas and his 3.9 assists per game.
- The Colonels get the most three-point shooting production out of Jones, who makes 1.7 threes per game.
Lamar Cardinals Leaders
- Nate Calmese racks up 16.3 points per game and is the top scorer for the Cardinals.
- The Lamar leaders in rebounding and assists are Yuto Yamanouchi-Williams with 6.6 rebounds per game (he also adds 7 points and 0.4 assists per game) and Chris Pryor with four assists per game (he also tacks on 10.9 points and 3.5 rebounds per game).
- Calmese averages 1.8 three-pointers per game, the most on the Cardinals.