Table of Contents
The Southern Utah Thunderbirds (11-6, 3-1 WAC) are slight underdogs (by 1.5 points) to extend a four-game home win streak when they host the Sam Houston Bearkats (12-4, 2-2 WAC) on Thursday, January 12, 2023 at 9:00 PM ET. The point total in the matchup is set at 142.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Bearkats vs. Thunderbirds
- Game Day: Thursday, January 12, 2023
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Location: Cedar City, Utah
- Arena: America First Event Center
Sam Houston Betting Stats & Information
- Sam Houston has won five of six games when the moneyline favorite this season (83.3%).
- The Bearkats have not yet played as a moneyline favorite of -131 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Bearkats have put together an 8-5-0 record against the spread.
- The Thunderbirds have a 4-1-1 record against the spread this season when an underdog by 1.5 points or more.
- The average point total for Sam Houston’s games this season is 6.9 fewer points than the over/under of 142 in this matchup.
Southern Utah Betting Stats & Info
- Southern Utah has been underdogs in five games this season and won two (40%) of those contests.
- The Thunderbirds have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +107.
- So far this season, the Thunderbirds have put together a 6-5-2 record against the spread.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 1.5 points or more, the Thunderbirds have a 4-1-1 record against the spread.
- The average total for Southern Utah’s games this year is 18.7 more points than the point total of 142 in this outing.
Sam Houston vs. Southern Utah Season Stat Comparison
|Sam Houston Rank||Sam Houston AVG||Southern Utah AVG||Southern Utah Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Sam Houston Bearkats Leaders
- The Bearkats leader in points and assists is Qua Grant, who scores 13.6 points per game along with 3.9 assists.
- Javion May leads Sam Houston in rebounding, grabbing 5.1 rebounds per game while also scoring 5.1 points a contest.
- Donte Powers leads the Bearkats in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.1 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Southern Utah Thunderbirds Leaders
- Tevian Jones is at the top of the Thunderbirds scoring leaderboard with 19.7 points per game. He also pulls down 3.8 rebounds and racks up 1.2 assists per game.
- Southern Utah’s leader in rebounds is Harrison Butler with 6.8 per game, and its leader in assists is Drake Allen with three per game.
- Jones is consistent from deep and leads the Thunderbirds with 2.8 made threes per game.