Table of Contents
The Arkansas State Red Wolves (9-9, 1-4 Sun Belt) will attempt to break a four-game losing streak when they host the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (14-4, 3-2 Sun Belt) on Saturday, January 14, 2023 at First National Bank Arena as 6.5-point underdogs. The contest airs at 3:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 130.5 points.
Get your NCAA Basketball pools started with the Internet’s #1 pool creation and hosting platform. Get 15 friends together and play for free!
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Golden Eagles vs. Red Wolves
- Game Day: Saturday, January 14, 2023
- Game Time: 3:00 PM ET
- Location: Jonesboro, Arkansas
- Arena: First National Bank Arena
Southern Miss Betting Stats & Information
- Southern Miss has been the moneyline favorite nine times this season. They’ve finished 8-1 in those games.
- The Golden Eagles have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -255 or shorter.
- The Golden Eagles have a 9-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Red Wolves have a 2-3 record against the spread when an underdog by 6.5 points or more this year.
- Southern Miss’ average total in outings this year has been 139.1, 8.6 points higher than the total in this particular game.
Arkansas State Betting Stats & Info
- Arkansas State has entered the game as underdogs seven times this season and won once.
- The Red Wolves have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +210 odds on them winning this game.
- So far this year, the Red Wolves have compiled a 5-9-1 record against the spread.
- The Red Wolves are 2-3 against the spread when an underdog by 6.5 points or more this season.
- Arkansas State’s games this season have averaged a total of 130.7 points, 0.2 more than the point total in this matchup.
Southern Miss vs. Arkansas State Season Stat Comparison
|Southern Miss Rank||Southern Miss AVG||Arkansas State AVG||Arkansas State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Southern Miss Golden Eagles Leaders
- Austin Crowley leads the Golden Eagles in scoring, tallying 17.3 points per game to go with four rebounds and 2.6 assists.
- DeAndre Pinckney is Southern Miss’ leading rebounder, pulling down 7.4 per game, while Mo Arnold is its best passer, distributing 3.6 assists in each contest.
- The Golden Eagles get the most three-point shooting production out of Crowley, who knocks down 2.2 threes per game.
Arkansas State Red Wolves Leaders
- Caleb Fields averages 11.9 points and adds 4.6 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Red Wolves’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Omar El-Sheikh grabs 9.6 rebounds per game (he also scores 11.2 points per game and adds 0.4 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Arkansas State rebounding leaderboard.
- Avery Felts knocks down 1.6 three-pointers per game, the most on the Red Wolves.