Table of Contents
The No. 23 San Diego State Aztecs (13-3, 4-0 MWC) will try to build on a six-game win streak when they host the New Mexico Lobos (15-2, 2-2 MWC) on Saturday, January 14, 2023 at Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl as 8-point favorites. The matchup airs at 9:00 PM ET. The point total in the matchup is set at 148.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Aztecs vs. Lobos
- Game Day: Saturday, January 14, 2023
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Arena: Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl
|San Diego State||-8||148.5|
San Diego State Betting Stats & Information
- San Diego State has won 12 of 14 games when favored on the moneyline this season (85.7%).
- The Aztecs have not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -360 or shorter.
- The Aztecs are 4-10-1 against the spread this season.
- The Lobos are a perfect 1-0 against the spread when an underdog by 8 points or more this year.
- The average point total in San Diego State’s games this season is 7.6 fewer points than the over/under of 148.5 in this matchup.
New Mexico Betting Stats & Info
- New Mexico has won both games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Lobos have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +290 moneyline set for this game.
- The Lobos have a 9-6-1 record against the spread this year.
- The Lobos are 1-0 against the spread so far this season when playing as at least 8-point underdogs.
- New Mexico’s games this year have averaged a total of 152.4 points, 3.9 more than the point total in this matchup.
San Diego State vs. New Mexico Season Stat Comparison
|San Diego State Rank||San Diego State AVG||New Mexico AVG||New Mexico Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
San Diego State Aztecs Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Aztecs this season is Matt Bradley, who averages 13.5 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 1.9 assists per game.
- San Diego State’s leading rebounder is Nathan Mensah averaging 6.1 boards per game and its best passer is Darrion Trammell and his 3.8 assists per game.
- Trammell makes more threes per game than any other member of the Aztecs, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.7 per contest.
New Mexico Lobos Leaders
- Jamal Mashburn Jr. is the top scorer for the Lobos with 17.9 points per game. He also adds 3.2 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game to his stats.
- Josiah Allick puts up a stat line of 8.2 rebounds, 9.2 points and 1.8 assists per game for New Mexico to take the top rebound spot on the team. Jaelen House has the top spot for assists with 4.8 per game, adding 16.6 points and 3.6 rebounds per outing.
- House is the most prolific from distance for the Lobos, hitting 1.8 threes per game.