Table of Contents
The Alcorn State Braves (5-10, 2-1 SWAC) are 3.5-point underdogs as they try to end a seven-game road slide when they visit the Texas Southern Tigers (4-13, 0-4 SWAC) on Saturday, January 14, 2023 at Health & PE Arena. The contest airs at 6:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 140.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Braves
- Game Day: Saturday, January 14, 2023
- Game Time: 6:00 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Arena: Health & PE Arena
Texas Southern Betting Stats & Information
- Texas Southern has won 16.7% of its games this season when favored on the moneyline (1-5).
- The Tigers have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -163 or shorter.
- The Tigers are 4-11-0 ATS this season.
- The Braves have a 5-6 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 3.5 points or more.
- Texas Southern’s average point total in outings this year is 141.5, one point higher than the total in this game.
Alcorn State Betting Stats & Info
- Alcorn State has won three, or 27.3%, of the 11 games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Braves have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +138 odds on them winning this game.
- The Braves are 8-7-0 ATS this season.
- When they have played as at least 3.5-point underdogs this year, the Braves are 5-6 against the spread.
- The average point total for Alcorn State this year is 1.4 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Texas Southern vs. Alcorn State Season Stat Comparison
|Texas Southern Rank||Texas Southern AVG||Alcorn State AVG||Alcorn State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Texas Southern Tigers Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Tigers this season is Davon Barnes, who averages 15.3 points, 4.1 rebounds, and 1.8 assists per game.
- Texas Southern’s leading rebounder is Joirdon Karl Nicholas averaging 9.1 boards per game and its best passer is Jordan Gilliam and his 1.9 assists per game.
- The Tigers get the most three-point shooting production out of Barnes, who knocks down 0.8 threes per game.
Alcorn State Braves Leaders
- Dominic Brewton is the top scorer for the Braves with 12.8 points per game. He also adds 4.6 rebounds and two assists per game to his stats.
- The Alcorn State leaders in rebounding and assists are Jeremiah Kendall with 6.4 rebounds per game (he also adds 8.6 points and 0.6 assists per game) and Byron Joshua with 2.9 assists per game (he also tacks on 10.2 points and 3.3 rebounds per game).
- Dekedran Thorn makes 1.5 three-pointers per game, the most on the Braves.