Table of Contents
The Maine Black Bears (6-10, 0-3 America East) are 8.5-point underdogs as they look to stop a six-game losing streak when they visit the UMBC Retrievers (11-6, 2-1 America East) on Saturday, January 14, 2023 at UMBC Event Center. The matchup airs at 1:00 PM ET. The over/under is 147.5 in the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Retrievers vs. Black Bears
- Game Day: Saturday, January 14, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Arena: UMBC Event Center
UMBC Betting Stats & Information
- UMBC has not lost a game it played as the moneyline favorite this season, going 8-0.
- The Retrievers have not yet played as a moneyline favorite of -412 or shorter.
- The Retrievers’ ATS record is 9-7-0 this season.
- The Black Bears have a 4-2 record against the spread this season when an underdog by 8.5 points or more.
- The average over/under UMBC has had set in matchups this year is 3.3 more points than this outing’s point total.
Maine Betting Stats & Info
- Maine has been underdogs in 11 games this season and won three (27.3%) of those contests.
- The Black Bears have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +317.
- So far this season, the Black Bears have put together an 8-5-1 record against the spread.
- The Black Bears have a 4-2 record against the spread when an underdog by 8.5 points or more this year.
- The average total for Maine’s games this year is 6.7 fewer points than the point total of 147.5 for this outing.
UMBC vs. Maine Season Stat Comparison
|UMBC Rank||UMBC AVG||Maine AVG||Maine Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
UMBC Retrievers Leaders
- The Retrievers scoring leader is Colton Lawrence, who averages 14.1 per contest to go with 4.1 rebounds and 1.9 assists.
- Tra’Von Fagan is UMBC’s leading rebounder, pulling down 6.7 per game, while Craig Beaudion is its best passer, distributing 3.6 assists in each contest.
- The Retrievers get the most three-point shooting production out of Matteo Picarelli, who knocks down 2.4 threes per game.
Maine Black Bears Leaders
- Kellen Tynes scores 15.3 points per game and is the top scorer for the Black Bears.
- Peter Filipovity has a stat line of 6.3 rebounds, 10 points and 0.7 assists per game for Maine to take the top rebound spot on the team. Jaden Clayton has the top spot for assists with 4.3 per game, adding 7.1 points and 2.9 rebounds per matchup.
- Gedi Juozapaitis is the top scorer from deep for the Black Bears, hitting 2.5 threes per game.