Table of Contents
The Chicago State Cougars (4-15) are 4.5-point underdogs as they try to stop a 15-game road slide when they take on the UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (9-8) on Saturday, January 14, 2023 at UTRGV Fieldhouse. The game airs at 7:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 150.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Vaqueros vs. Cougars
- Game Day: Saturday, January 14, 2023
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Location: Edinburg, Texas
- Arena: UTRGV Fieldhouse
|UT Rio Grande Valley||-4.5||150.5|
UT Rio Grande Valley Betting Stats & Information
- UT Rio Grande Valley has been the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and it won both of the games.
- The Vaqueros have not yet played as a moneyline favorite of -190 or shorter.
- The Vaqueros have an 8-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Cougars have a 9-7 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 4.5 points or more.
- The average point total in UT Rio Grande Valley’s games this season is 10.7 more points than the total of 150.5 in this matchup.
Chicago State Betting Stats & Info
- Chicago State has been underdogs in 17 games this season and won two (11.8%) of those contests.
- The Cougars have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +160.
- The Cougars’ ATS record is 10-8-0 this season.
- When they have played as at least 4.5-point underdogs this season, the Cougars are 9-7 against the spread.
- The average over/under in Chicago State’s games this year is 11.2 fewer points than the point total of 150.5 in this outing.
UT Rio Grande Valley vs. Chicago State Season Stat Comparison
|UT Rio Grande Valley Rank||UT Rio Grande Valley AVG||Chicago State AVG||Chicago State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros Leaders
- Justin Johnson leads the Vaqueros in scoring, tallying 19.8 points per game to go with 5.1 rebounds and 2.9 assists.
- UT Rio Grande Valley’s leading rebounder is Dima Zdor averaging 5.9 boards per game and its best passer is Will Johnston and his 3.9 assists per game.
- Johnston leads the Vaqueros in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.3 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Chicago State Cougars Leaders
- Wesley Cardet Jr.’s points (15.8 per game) and assists (2.8 per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the Cougars’ leaderboards.
- Jahsean Corbett grabs 9.2 rebounds per game (he also scores 12.7 points per game and adds 1.1 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Chicago State rebounding leaderboard.
- Bryce Johnson hits two three-pointers per game, the most on the Cougars.