Table of Contents
The Cal Poly Mustangs (7-11, 1-5 Big West) will try to end a five-game losing streak when they host the UCSD Tritons (6-12, 1-5 Big West) at 10:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 19, 2023 as 2.5-point favorites. The Tritons have also lost five games in a row. The matchup’s over/under is set at 123.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mustangs vs. Tritons
- Game Day: Thursday, January 19, 2023
- Game Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Location: San Luis Obispo, California
- Arena: Robert A. Mott Gymnasium
Cal Poly Betting Stats & Information
- Cal Poly has won three of five games when favored on the moneyline this season (60%).
- The Mustangs have not played as a moneyline favorite of -151 or shorter.
- The Mustangs are 10-6-0 against the spread this season.
- The Tritons have a 5-7 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 2.5 points or more.
- The average over/under Cal Poly has had in its matchups this year is 3.8 more points than this particular game’s point total.
UCSD Betting Stats & Info
- UCSD has entered the game as underdogs 14 times this season and won four, or 28.6%, of those games.
- The Tritons have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +121 odds on them winning this game.
- The Tritons are 6-10-0 against the spread this season.
- The Tritons have a 5-7 record against the spread when an underdog by 2.5 points or more this year.
- UCSD’s games this season have averaged an over/under of 135.7 points, 12.2 more than the point total in this matchup.
Cal Poly vs. UCSD Season Stat Comparison
|Cal Poly Rank||Cal Poly AVG||UCSD AVG||UCSD Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Cal Poly Mustangs Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Mustangs this season is Alimamy Koroma, who averages 10.8 points, 4.8 rebounds, and 0.4 assists per game.
- Cal Poly’s leading rebounder is Trevon Taylor averaging five boards per game and its best passer is Camren Pierce and his 2.3 assists per game.
- Chance Hunter makes more threes per game than any other member of the Mustangs, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.6 per contest.
UCSD Tritons Leaders
- Bryce Pope is the top scorer for the Tritons with 18.4 points per game. He also adds 3.5 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game to his scoring output.
- The UCSD leaders in rebounding and assists are Emmanuel Tshimanga with 7.3 rebounds per game (he also adds 7.8 points and 0.7 assists per game) and Roddie Anderson III with 3.4 assists per game (he also tacks on 10.3 points and 2.9 rebounds per game).
- Pope is the top scorer from distance for the Tritons, hitting 2.1 threes per game.