Table of Contents
The UMass-Lowell River Hawks (15-4, 3-2 America East) are 4.5-point favorites as they attempt to continue a nine-game home win streak when they take on the UMBC Retrievers (13-6, 3-1 America East) on Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at Costello Athletic Center. The game airs at 6:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 148 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for River Hawks vs. Retrievers
- Game Day: Wednesday, January 18, 2023
- Game Time: 6:00 PM ET
- Location: Lowell, Massachusetts
- Arena: Costello Athletic Center
UMass-Lowell Betting Stats & Information
- UMass-Lowell has won 12 of 15 games when the moneyline favorite this season (80%).
- The River Hawks have not yet played as a moneyline favorite of -205 or shorter.
- The River Hawks’ ATS record is 10-7-0 this season.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 4.5 points or more, the Retrievers have a 4-2 record against the spread.
- UMass-Lowell’s average point total in matchups this year is 142.8, 5.2 points below the over/under in this game.
UMBC Betting Stats & Info
- This season, UMBC has been the underdog eight times and won two of those games.
- The Retrievers have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +163 odds on them winning this game.
- The Retrievers have a 10-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Retrievers are 4-2 against the spread when an underdog by 4.5 points or more this year.
- The average point total for UMBC this year is 3.3 points higher than this game’s over/under.
UMass-Lowell vs. UMBC Season Stat Comparison
|UMass-Lowell Rank||UMass-Lowell AVG||UMBC AVG||UMBC Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
UMass-Lowell River Hawks Leaders
- The scoring leader for the River Hawks this season is Everette Hammond, who averages 12.7 points, 5.4 rebounds, and 2.1 assists per game.
- UMass-Lowell’s leading rebounder is Abdoul Karim Coulibaly averaging 8.1 boards per game and its best passer is Ayinde Hikim and his 4.3 assists per game.
- The River Hawks get the most three-point shooting production out of Yuri Covington, who makes 1.5 threes per game.
UMBC Retrievers Leaders
- Colton Lawrence racks up 13.7 points per game to be the top scorer for the Retrievers.
- The UMBC leaders in rebounding and assists are Tra’Von Fagan with 6.7 rebounds per game (he also adds 8.3 points and 1.4 assists per game) and Craig Beaudion with 3.5 assists per game (he also tacks on 6.4 points and 2.2 rebounds per game).
- Matteo Picarelli is dependable from deep and leads the Retrievers with 2.2 made threes per game.