Table of Contents
The Michigan State Spartans (12-6, 4-3 Big Ten) host the No. 23 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (13-5, 5-2 Big Ten) in a matchup of Big Ten teams at Jack Breslin Students Events Center, beginning at 6:30 PM ET on Thursday, January 19, 2023. The Spartans are 2.5-point favorites in the game. The point total is 126.5 in the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Spartans vs. Scarlet Knights
- Game Day: Thursday, January 19, 2023
- Game Time: 6:30 PM ET
- Location: East Lansing, Michigan
- Arena: Jack Breslin Students Events Center
Michigan State Betting Stats & Information
- Michigan State has won 10 of 13 games when the moneyline favorite this season (76.9%).
- The Spartans have not played as a moneyline favorite of -148 or shorter.
- The Spartans are 10-8-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 2.5-point underdogs this season, the Scarlet Knights are 3-1 against the spread.
- Michigan State’s average total in outings this year has been 135.1, 8.6 points higher than the over/under in this particular game.
Rutgers Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Rutgers has won two out of the four games in which it has been the underdog.
- The Scarlet Knights have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +122 moneyline set for this game.
- The Scarlet Knights have a 13-5-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 2.5 points or more, the Scarlet Knights have a 3-1 record against the spread.
- The average point total for Rutgers this season is 1.4 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Michigan State vs. Rutgers Season Stat Comparison
|Michigan State Rank||Michigan State AVG||Rutgers AVG||Rutgers Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Michigan State Spartans Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Spartans this season is Tyson Walker, who averages 14.8 points, 2.4 rebounds, and 2.7 assists per game.
- Joey Hauser is Michigan State’s leading rebounder, grabbing 7.8 per game, while A.J Hoggard is its best passer, distributing 6.3 assists in each contest.
- Hauser leads the Spartans in three-point shooting, making an average of 1.8 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Rutgers Scarlet Knights Leaders
- Cam Spencer is the top scorer for the Scarlet Knights with 13.9 points per game. He also adds 2.8 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game to his stats.
- Rutgers’ leader in rebounds is Clifford Omoruyi with 10.1 per game, and its leader in assists is Paul Mulcahy with 4.1 per game.
- Spencer is the top scorer from deep for the Scarlet Knights, hitting 2.3 threes per game.