Table of Contents
The South Carolina Gamecocks (8-10, 1-4 SEC) are heavy underdogs (+12.5) as they try to end a three-game home losing streak when they square off against the No. 16 Auburn Tigers (15-3, 5-1 SEC) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at Colonial Life Arena. The game airs at 3:30 PM ET. The over/under is set at 134.5 for the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Gamecocks
- Game Day: Saturday, January 21, 2023
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Location: Columbia, South Carolina
- Arena: Colonial Life Arena
Auburn Betting Stats & Information
- Auburn has won 83.3% of its games this season when favored on the moneyline (15-3).
- The Tigers have not played a game with moneyline odds of -891 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Tigers have compiled an 8-10-0 record against the spread.
- In games they have played as at least 12.5-point underdogs this season, the Gamecocks are 2-1 against the spread.
- Auburn’s average point total in outings this year is 134.6, 0.1 points higher than the total in this game.
South Carolina Betting Stats & Info
- This season, South Carolina has won four out of the 13 games, or 30.8%, in which it has been the underdog.
- The Gamecocks have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +560 moneyline set for this game.
- The Gamecocks have a 9-9-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Gamecocks have a 2-1 record against the spread when an underdog by 12.5 points or more this season.
- The average total in South Carolina’s games this year is 1.3 more points than the point total of 134.5 for this outing.
Auburn vs. South Carolina Season Stat Comparison
|Auburn Rank||Auburn AVG||South Carolina AVG||South Carolina Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Auburn Tigers Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Tigers is Wendell Green Jr., who scores 13.6 points and dishes out 3.8 assists per game.
- Johni Broome leads Auburn in rebounding, pulling down 8.5 rebounds per game while also scoring 12.3 points a contest.
- Jaylin Williams makes more threes per game than any other member of the Tigers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.3 per contest.
South Carolina Gamecocks Leaders
- Gregory ‘GG’ Jackson II sits on top of the Gamecocks leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 15.1 points and 6.6 rebounds per game.
- South Carolina’s assist leader is Meechie Johnson Jr. with 3.4 per game. He also averages 12.5 points per game and adds 4.1 rebounds per game.
- Johnson is reliable from three-point range and leads the Gamecocks with 2.4 made threes per game.