Table of Contents
The Ohio State Buckeyes (10-8, 2-5 Big Ten) are 3.5-point favorites as they look to turn around a five-game losing streak when they host the Iowa Hawkeyes (12-6, 4-3 Big Ten) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at Value City Arena. The contest airs at 2:00 PM ET. The over/under is set at 153.5 for the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Buckeyes vs. Hawkeyes
- Game Day: Saturday, January 21, 2023
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Location: Columbus, Ohio
- Arena: Value City Arena
Ohio State Betting Stats & Information
- Ohio State has put together a 6-3 record in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 66.7% of those games).
- The Buckeyes have not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -171 or shorter.
- The Buckeyes are 7-11-0 against the spread this season.
- The Hawkeyes are 1-0 against the spread so far this season when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Ohio State’s average point total in matchups this season is 143.1, 10.4 points less than the total in this game.
Iowa Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Iowa has been the underdog four times and won two of those games.
- The Hawkeyes have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +139 moneyline set for this game.
- The Hawkeyes’ ATS record is 11-7-0 this year.
- The Hawkeyes are a perfect 1-0 against the spread when an underdog by 3.5 points or more this year.
- The average over/under in Iowa’s games this year is 0.9 more points than the point total of 153.5 for this outing.
Ohio State vs. Iowa Season Stat Comparison
|Ohio State Rank||Ohio State AVG||Iowa AVG||Iowa Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Ohio State Buckeyes Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Buckeyes this season is Brice Sensabaugh, who averages 17 points, 5.6 rebounds, and 1.1 assists per game.
- Zed Key is Ohio State’s leading rebounder, pulling down eight per game, while Bruce Thornton is its best passer, averaging three assists in each contest.
- Sensabaugh makes more threes per game than any other member of the Buckeyes, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.1 per contest.
Iowa Hawkeyes Leaders
- Kris Murray records 21.2 points and nine rebounds per game for the Hawkeyes, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Iowa’s assist leader is Tony Perkins with 2.9 per game. He also records 10.9 points per game and adds 3.5 rebounds per game.
- Murray makes 2.4 three-pointers per game, the most on the Hawkeyes.