Table of Contents
The LSU Tigers (12-6, 1-5 SEC) are heavy underdogs (+10) as they try to break a five-game losing streak when they host the No. 9 Tennessee Volunteers (15-3, 5-1 SEC) at 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at Pete Maravich Assembly Center. The matchup’s point total is set at 129.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Volunteers vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Saturday, January 21, 2023
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Arena: Pete Maravich Assembly Center
Tennessee Betting Stats & Information
- Tennessee has won 84.6% of its games this season when the moneyline favorite (11-2).
- The Volunteers have not played a game with moneyline odds of -565 or shorter.
- The Volunteers are 10-8-0 against the spread this season.
- The Tigers are 1-1 against the spread when an underdog by 10 points or more this year.
- The average point total in Tennessee’s games this season is 1.1 fewer points than the total of 129.5 in this matchup.
LSU Betting Stats & Info
- LSU has entered the game as underdogs eight times this season and won twice.
- The Tigers have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +397 odds on them winning this game.
- So far this year, the Tigers have compiled a 6-12-0 record against the spread.
- The Tigers are 1-1 against the spread when an underdog by 10 points or more this season.
- The average point total for LSU this season is 6.1 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Tennessee vs. LSU Season Stat Comparison
|Tennessee Rank||Tennessee AVG||LSU AVG||LSU Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Tennessee Volunteers Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Volunteers this season is Santiago Vescovi, who averages 12.9 points, 4.1 rebounds, and 3.2 assists per game.
- Julian Phillips leads Tennessee in rebounding, averaging 5.6 per game, while Zakai Zeigler leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.5 in each contest.
- Vescovi leads the Volunteers in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.7 shots per game from beyond the arc.
LSU Tigers Leaders
- K.J. Williams puts up 17.9 points and 7.3 rebounds per game for the Tigers, making him the top scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Justice Hill dishes out more assists than any other LSU teammate with 3.5 per game. He also scores 6.9 points and grabs two rebounds per game.
- Adam Miller is consistent from deep and leads the Tigers with 2.4 made threes per game.