Table of Contents
The Western Michigan Broncos (6-12, 2-3 MAC) host the Akron Zips (12-6, 4-1 MAC) after winning three home games in a row. The Zips are favored by 7 points in the matchup, which tips at 2:30 PM ET on Saturday, January 21, 2023. The matchup’s over/under is set at 139.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Zips vs. Broncos
- Game Day: Saturday, January 21, 2023
- Game Time: 2:30 PM ET
- Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Arena: University Arena
Akron Betting Stats & Information
- Akron has won all nine games when listed as the moneyline favorite this season.
- The Zips have not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -293 or shorter.
- The Zips’ ATS record is 6-10-0 this season.
- The Broncos have a 5-2 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 7 points or more this season.
- The average over/under Akron has had set in games this season is 5.1 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
Western Michigan Betting Stats & Info
- Western Michigan has been the underdog in 10 games this season, and it has failed to win any of those contests.
- The Broncos have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +232 moneyline set for this game.
- The Broncos have a 7-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Broncos have a 5-2 record against the spread this season when an underdog by 7 points or more.
- The average over/under for Western Michigan’s games this year is 5.9 more points than the point total of 139 for this outing.
Akron vs. Western Michigan Season Stat Comparison
|Akron Rank||Akron AVG||Western Michigan AVG||Western Michigan Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Akron Zips Leaders
- The Zips leader in points and assists is Xavier Castaneda, who scores 19.1 points per game along with 3.4 assists.
- Enrique Freeman is Akron’s best rebounder, grabbing an average of 10.7 boards in each contest while scoring 14.7 points per game.
- The Zips get the most three-point shooting production out of Castaneda, who makes 3.1 threes per game.
Western Michigan Broncos Leaders
- Lamar Norman Jr. racks up 18.6 points and tacks on 2.9 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Broncos’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Markeese Hastings is at the top of the Western Michigan rebounding leaderboard with 10 rebounds per game. He also racks up 7.6 points and adds 1.8 assists per game.
- Norman is reliable from three-point range and leads the Broncos with 3.1 made threes per game.