Table of Contents
The Georgia State Panthers (9-10, 2-5 Sun Belt) visit the Georgia Southern Eagles (11-9, 4-3 Sun Belt) after losing five straight road games. The Eagles are favored by 4 points in the matchup, which tips at 3:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 21, 2023. The over/under is set at 128.5 in the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Eagles vs. Panthers
- Game Day: Saturday, January 21, 2023
- Game Time: 3:00 PM ET
- Location: Statesboro, Georgia
- Arena: W.S. Hanner Fieldhouse
Georgia Southern Betting Stats & Information
- Georgia Southern has been the moneyline favorite five times this season. They’ve finished 2-3 in those games.
- The Eagles have not yet played as a moneyline favorite of -186 or shorter.
- The Eagles have an 8-10-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Panthers are 2-2 against the spread when an underdog by 4 points or more this year.
- Georgia Southern’s average total in matchups this season has been 134.6, 6.1 points higher than the over/under in this particular game.
Georgia State Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Georgia State has won one out of the eight games in which it has been the underdog.
- The Panthers have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +152 moneyline set for this game.
- The Panthers have gone 6-11-1 ATS this year.
- The Panthers are 2-2 against the spread when an underdog by 4 points or more this season.
- The average point total for Georgia State this season is 3.7 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Georgia Southern vs. Georgia State Season Stat Comparison
|Georgia Southern Rank||Georgia Southern AVG||Georgia State AVG||Georgia State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Georgia Southern Eagles Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Eagles this season is Andrei Savrasov, who averages 12.8 points, 6.8 rebounds, and 1.2 assists per game.
- Georgia Southern’s leading rebounder is Carlos Curry averaging 7.2 boards per game and its best passer is Jalen Finch and his 3.6 assists per game.
- Tyren Moore makes more threes per game than any other member of the Eagles, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.6 per contest.
Georgia State Panthers Leaders
- Dwon Odom’s points (14.6 per game) and assists (3.6 per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the Panthers’ leaderboards.
- Ja’Heim Hudson grabs 7.4 rebounds per game (he also scores 11.1 points per game and adds 0.9 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Georgia State rebounding leaderboard.
- Evan Johnson is the most prolific from the three-point line for the Panthers, hitting 1.6 threes per game.