Table of Contents
The Pepperdine Waves (7-13, 0-6 WCC) are 4-point underdogs as they try to break a seven-game losing streak when they visit the Portland Pilots (10-11, 2-4 WCC) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at Chiles Center. The game airs at 6:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 161.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Pilots vs. Waves
- Game Day: Saturday, January 21, 2023
- Game Time: 6:00 PM ET
- Location: Portland, Oregon
- Arena: Chiles Center
Portland Betting Stats & Information
- Portland is 6-4 in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 60%).
- The Pilots have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -183 or shorter.
- The Pilots’ ATS record is 9-10-0 this season.
- When they have played as at least 4-point underdogs this year, the Waves are 1-6 against the spread.
- Portland’s average point total in outings this season is 154, 7.5 points below the over/under in this game.
Pepperdine Betting Stats & Info
- Pepperdine has been listed as the underdog eight times this season and have failed to win any of those games.
- The Waves have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +149.
- So far this season, the Waves have put together a 6-12-0 record against the spread.
- The Waves have a 1-6 record against the spread when an underdog by 4 points or more this season.
- The average total for Pepperdine’s games this year is 5.7 fewer points than the point total of 161.5 in this outing.
Portland vs. Pepperdine Season Stat Comparison
|Portland Rank||Portland AVG||Pepperdine AVG||Pepperdine Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Portland Pilots Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Pilots is Moses Wood, who averages 14.6 points and 6.2 rebounds per game.
- Portland’s best passer is Tyler Robertson, who averages 5.5 assists per game to go with his 14.5 PPG scoring average.
- Wood makes more threes per game than any other member of the Pilots, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.5 per contest.
Pepperdine Waves Leaders
- Maxwell Lewis is the top scorer for the Waves with 18.9 points per game. He also tacks on 5.8 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game to his scoring output.
- The Pepperdine leaders in rebounding and assists are Jevon Porter with 6.8 rebounds per game (he also adds 11.3 points and 0.6 assists per game) and Mike Mitchell Jr. with 4.9 assists per game (he also tacks on 10.7 points and 4.3 rebounds per game).
- Mitchell hits 2.2 three-pointers per game, the most on the Waves.