Table of Contents
The Samford Bulldogs (13-7, 7-0 SoCon) are 9.5-point favorites as they attempt to extend a seven-game win streak when they host the Western Carolina Catamounts (11-9, 4-3 SoCon) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at Pete Hanna Center. The contest airs at 6:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 143.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Bulldogs vs. Catamounts
- Game Day: Saturday, January 21, 2023
- Game Time: 6:00 PM ET
- Location: Birmingham, Alabama
- Arena: Pete Hanna Center
Samford Betting Stats & Information
- Samford has won 81.8% of its games this season when favored on the moneyline (9-2).
- The Bulldogs have not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -491 or shorter.
- The Bulldogs have a 9-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 9.5-point underdogs this year, the Catamounts are 3-1-1 against the spread.
- Samford’s average point total in outings this season is 147.8, 4.3 points higher than the over/under in this game.
Western Carolina Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Western Carolina has won six out of the 13 games, or 46.2%, in which it has been the underdog.
- The Catamounts have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +363 moneyline set for this game.
- The Catamounts have gone 10-8-1 ATS this year.
- The Catamounts are 3-1-1 against the spread when an underdog by 9.5 points or more this season.
- The average over/under for Western Carolina’s games this season is 0.7 more points than the point total of 143.5 in this outing.
Samford vs. Western Carolina Season Stat Comparison
|Samford Rank||Samford AVG||Western Carolina AVG||Western Carolina Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Samford Bulldogs Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Bulldogs this season is Logan Dye, who averages 14.1 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 1.4 assists per game.
- Jermaine Marshall is Samford’s leading rebounder, grabbing 6.8 per game, while Jaron Rillie is its best passer, averaging 3.1 assists in each contest.
- Bubba Parham leads the Bulldogs in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 1.8 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Western Carolina Catamounts Leaders
- Tyzhaun Claude sits on top of the Catamounts leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 15 points and 8.5 rebounds per game.
- Western Carolina’s assist leader is Vonterius Woolbright with 4.4 per game. He also scores 13.8 points per game and adds 7.3 rebounds per game.
- Tre Jackson is the top scorer from distance for the Catamounts, hitting 3.5 threes per game.