Table of Contents
The Chicago State Cougars (4-16) visit the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (10-9) after losing 16 road games in a row. The Chanticleers are favored by 8 points in the contest, which tips at 7:00 PM ET on Monday, January 23, 2023. The over/under is 144 in the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Chanticleers vs. Cougars
- Game Day: Monday, January 23, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Conway, South Carolina
- Arena: HTC Center
Coastal Carolina Betting Stats & Information
- Coastal Carolina has gone 1-3 in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 25%).
- The Chanticleers have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -352 or shorter.
- The Chanticleers have a 9-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Cougars are 7-6 against the spread when an underdog by 8 points or more this year.
- The average total for Coastal Carolina’s games this year is 3.7 more points than the total of 144 in this game.
Chicago State Betting Stats & Info
- Chicago State has won two, or 11.1%, of the 18 games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Cougars have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +276 odds on them winning this game.
- So far this year, the Cougars have put together an 11-8-0 record against the spread.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 8 points or more, the Cougars have a 7-6 record against the spread.
- The average point total for Chicago State this season is 3.3 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Coastal Carolina vs. Chicago State Season Stat Comparison
|Coastal Carolina Rank||Coastal Carolina AVG||Chicago State AVG||Chicago State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Chanticleers this season is Jomaru Brown, who averages 15.3 points, 2.5 rebounds, and 2.9 assists per game.
- Coastal Carolina’s leading rebounder is Essam Mostafa averaging 10.4 boards per game and its best passer is Henry Abraham and his 3.3 assists per game.
- Linton Brown makes more threes per game than any other member of the Chanticleers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.9 per contest.
Chicago State Cougars Leaders
- Wesley Cardet Jr. collects 15.8 points and adds 2.9 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Cougars’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Jahsean Corbett is at the top of the Chicago State rebounding leaderboard with 9.2 rebounds per game. He also scores 13.1 points and tacks on 1.1 assists per game.
- Bryce Johnson is dependable from deep and leads the Cougars with two made threes per game.