Table of Contents
The SMU Mustangs (7-12, 2-4 AAC) host the Wichita State Shockers (9-9, 2-4 AAC) in a matchup of AAC teams at Moody Coliseum, tipping off at 3:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 22, 2023. The Mustangs are 1.5-point favorites in the game. The point total is set at 134 for the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mustangs vs. Shockers
- Game Day: Sunday, January 22, 2023
- Game Time: 3:00 PM ET
- Location: Dallas, Texas
- Arena: Moody Coliseum
SMU Betting Stats & Information
- SMU has won 62.5% of its games this season when favored on the moneyline (5-3).
- The Mustangs have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -128 or shorter.
- The Mustangs are 7-11-1 ATS this season.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 1.5 points or more, the Shockers have a 3-3-2 record against the spread.
- The average over/under SMU has had set in matchups this year is 7.3 more points than this outing’s point total.
Wichita State Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Wichita State has been the underdog eight times and won two of those games.
- The Shockers have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +105 odds on them winning this game.
- So far this year, the Shockers have put together a 7-9-2 record against the spread.
- The Shockers are 3-3-2 against the spread when an underdog by 1.5 points or more this season.
- The average total in Wichita State’s games this season is 4.2 fewer points than the point total of 134 for this outing.
SMU vs. Wichita State Season Stat Comparison
|SMU Rank||SMU AVG||Wichita State AVG||Wichita State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
SMU Mustangs Leaders
- Zhruic Phelps leads the Mustangs in scoring, tallying 17.2 points per game to go with 3.6 rebounds and 2.5 assists.
- SMU’s leading rebounder is Samuell Williamson averaging 7.6 boards per game and its best passer is Zach Nutall and his 2.7 assists per game.
- Nutall makes more threes per game than any other member of the Mustangs, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.9 per contest.
Wichita State Shockers Leaders
- Craig Porter Jr. has averaged 5.9 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game, putting him atop the Shockers leaderboards in those stat categories.
- Jaykwon Walton scores 12.4 points per game, putting him at the top of the Wichita State scoring leaderboard. He also grabs 5.9 rebounds and averages 1.5 assists per game.
- Jaron Pierre Jr. is dependable from three-point range and leads the Shockers with 1.4 made threes per game.