Table of Contents
The Southern Miss Golden Eagles (16-4, 5-2 Sun Belt) are just 1-point favorites as they try to extend a 10-game home win streak when they take on the James Madison Dukes (13-7, 4-3 Sun Belt) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at Reed Green Coliseum. The contest airs at 3:00 PM ET. The point total is set at 148.5 in the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Golden Eagles vs. Dukes
- Game Day: Saturday, January 21, 2023
- Game Time: 3:00 PM ET
- Location: Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- Arena: Reed Green Coliseum
Southern Miss Betting Stats & Information
- Southern Miss has won 90.9% of its games this season when favored on the moneyline (10-1).
- The Golden Eagles have not played a game with moneyline odds of -116 or shorter.
- The Golden Eagles are 10-7-0 against the spread this season.
- The Dukes are 3-1 against the spread when an underdog by 1 point or more this season.
- Southern Miss’ average point total in matchups this season is 139.2, 9.3 points fewer than the total in this game.
James Madison Betting Stats & Info
- James Madison has won two of the four games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Dukes have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the -105 odds on them winning this game.
- The Dukes’ ATS record is 12-6-0 this season.
- When they have played as at least 1-point underdogs this season, the Dukes are 3-1 against the spread.
- The average over/under for James Madison’s games this season is 3.4 more points than the point total of 148.5 for this outing.
Southern Miss vs. James Madison Season Stat Comparison
|Southern Miss Rank||Southern Miss AVG||James Madison AVG||James Madison Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Southern Miss Golden Eagles Leaders
- Austin Crowley leads the Golden Eagles in scoring, tallying 17.8 points per game to go with four rebounds and 2.8 assists.
- DeAndre Pinckney is Southern Miss’ leading rebounder, pulling down 7.3 per game, while Mo Arnold is its best passer, averaging 3.5 assists in each contest.
- Crowley makes more threes per game than any other member of the Golden Eagles, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.1 per contest.
James Madison Dukes Leaders
- Vado Morse’s points (13.6 per game) and assists (2.4 per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the Dukes’ leaderboards.
- Mezie Offurum grabs 5.4 rebounds per game (he also scores 10.6 points per game and adds 0.9 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the James Madison rebounding leaderboard.
- Morse averages 2.6 three-pointers per game, the most on the Dukes.