Table of Contents
The West Virginia Mountaineers (11-7, 1-5 Big 12) host the No. 7 Texas Longhorns (15-3, 4-2 Big 12) in a matchup of Big 12 teams at WVU Coliseum, tipping off at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 21, 2023. The Mountaineers are 1.5-point favorites in the game. The point total is set at 146.5 in the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mountaineers vs. Longhorns
- Game Day: Saturday, January 21, 2023
- Game Time: 6:00 PM ET
- Location: Morgantown, Indiana
- Arena: WVU Coliseum
West Virginia Betting Stats & Information
- West Virginia has won 90% of its games this season when favored on the moneyline (9-1).
- The Mountaineers have not played as a moneyline favorite of -117 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Mountaineers have put together a 9-9-0 record against the spread.
- The Longhorns are 0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 1.5 points or more this season.
- The average point total for West Virginia’s games this season is 0.6 more points than the total of 146.5 in this matchup.
Texas Betting Stats & Info
- Texas lost the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- The Longhorns have not been a bigger underdog this season than the -104 moneyline set for this game.
- The Longhorns are 6-12-0 ATS this year.
- The Longhorns are 0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 1.5 points or greater this year.
- The average total in Texas’ games this year is 0.8 more points than the point total of 146.5 for this outing.
West Virginia vs. Texas Season Stat Comparison
|West Virginia Rank||West Virginia AVG||Texas AVG||Texas Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
West Virginia Mountaineers Leaders
- The Mountaineers scoring leader is Tre Mitchell, who averages 13.2 per contest to go with 5.8 rebounds and 1.9 assists.
- Jimmy Bell Jr. leads West Virginia in rebounding, averaging 6.1 per game, while Kedrian Johnson leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.3 in each contest.
- Erik Stevenson makes more threes per game than any other member of the Mountaineers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.8 per contest.
Texas Longhorns Leaders
- The Longhorns’ Marcus Carr racks up enough points (17.1 per game) and assists (4.3 per game) to sit atop the team’s leaderboards.
- Timmy Allen grabs 5.5 rebounds per game (he also scores 10.8 points per game and adds 3.6 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Texas rebounding leaderboard.
- Carr hits 2.6 three-pointers per game, the most on the Longhorns.