Table of Contents
The Akron Zips (13-6, 5-1 MAC) host the Miami (OH) RedHawks (7-12, 1-5 MAC) after winning seven home games in a row. The Zips are double-digit favorites by 14 points in the matchup, which begins at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 24, 2023. The matchup has an over/under of 139.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Zips vs. RedHawks
- Game Day: Tuesday, January 24, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Akron, Ohio
- Arena: James A. Rhodes Arena
Akron Betting Stats & Information
- Akron has not lost a game it played as the moneyline favorite this season, going 10-0.
- The Zips have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -1184 or shorter.
- The Zips are 6-10-1 against the spread this season.
- The RedHawks are 0-2 against the spread when an underdog by 14 points or greater this season.
- The average total Akron has had set in games this season is 6.4 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
Miami (OH) Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Miami (OH) has been the underdog 12 times and won two of those games.
- The RedHawks have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +667 moneyline set for this game.
- The RedHawks have gone 6-10-0 ATS this season.
- The RedHawks are 0-2 against the spread when an underdog by 14 points or more this year.
- The average point total for Miami (OH) this season is 10.2 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Akron vs. Miami (OH) Season Stat Comparison
|Akron Rank||Akron AVG||Miami (OH) AVG||Miami (OH) Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Akron Zips Leaders
- Xavier Castaneda leads the Zips in points and assists per game, scoring 19.9 points and distributing 3.2 assists.
- Enrique Freeman leads Akron in rebounding, grabbing 10.7 boards per game while also scoring 14.2 points a contest.
- Castaneda makes more threes per game than any other member of the Zips, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 3.1 per contest.
Miami (OH) RedHawks Leaders
- Mekhi Lairy’s points (17.2 per game) and assists (4.3 per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the RedHawks’ leaderboards.
- Morgan Safford is at the top of the Miami (OH) rebounding leaderboard with 6.1 rebounds per game. He also racks up 15.2 points and tacks on 1.9 assists per game.
- Lairy is the top shooter from the three-point line for the RedHawks, hitting 1.8 threes per game.