Table of Contents
The Evansville Purple Aces (4-17, 0-10 MVC) are big, 12-point underdogs as they try to stop an eight-game losing streak when they host the Belmont Bruins (15-6, 8-2 MVC) on Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at Ford Center. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET. The point total is set at 144.5 in the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Bruins vs. Purple Aces
- Game Day: Wednesday, January 25, 2023
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Location: Evansville, Indiana
- Arena: Ford Center
Belmont Betting Stats & Information
- Belmont has compiled a 10-4 record in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 71.4% of those games).
- The Bruins have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -840 or shorter.
- The Bruins are 11-8-1 ATS this season.
- The Purple Aces have a 3-5 record against the spread when an underdog by 12 points or more this year.
- Belmont’s average total in matchups this season has been 145, 0.5 points higher than the total in this particular game.
Evansville Betting Stats & Info
- Evansville has entered the game as underdogs 20 times this season and won four, or 20%, of those games.
- The Purple Aces have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +543 moneyline set for this game.
- The Purple Aces are 7-14-0 against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 12-point underdogs this year, the Purple Aces are 3-5 against the spread.
- Evansville’s games this year have averaged a total of 137.1 points, 7.4 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Belmont vs. Evansville Season Stat Comparison
|Belmont Rank||Belmont AVG||Evansville AVG||Evansville Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Belmont Bruins Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Bruins is Ben Sheppard, who averages 18.5 points and five rebounds per game.
- Belmont’s best passer is Keishawn Davidson, who averages 4.7 assists per game to go with his 7.2 PPG scoring average.
- Drew Friberg leads the Bruins in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 3.5 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Evansville Purple Aces Leaders
- Kenny Strawbridge scores 15.3 points per game and is the top scorer for the Purple Aces.
- The Evansville leaders in rebounding and assists are Yacine Toumi with 5.8 rebounds per game (he also adds 10 points and 1.2 assists per game) and Marvin Coleman with 2.6 assists per game (he also tacks on 10.7 points and 5.3 rebounds per game).
- Antoine Smith Jr. is the top scorer from the three-point line for the Purple Aces, hitting 1.7 threes per game.