Table of Contents
The Texas Tech Red Raiders (10-9, 0-7 Big 12) host the West Virginia Mountaineers (11-8, 1-6 Big 12) after losing three straight home games. The Red Raiders are favored by 3.5 points in the matchup, which tips at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 25, 2023. The matchup has an over/under of 141 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Red Raiders vs. Mountaineers
- Game Day: Wednesday, January 25, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Lubbock, Texas
- Arena: United Supermarkets Arena
Texas Tech Betting Stats & Information
- Texas Tech has compiled a 7-3 record in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 70% of those games).
- The Red Raiders have not played a game with moneyline odds of -160 or shorter.
- The Red Raiders are 7-12-0 ATS this season.
- In games they have played as at least 3.5-point underdogs this year, the Mountaineers are 1-1 against the spread.
- The average over/under Texas Tech has had set in matchups this season is 0.6 more points than this outing’s point total.
West Virginia Betting Stats & Info
- West Virginia has entered the game as underdogs seven times this season and won once.
- The Mountaineers have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +133.
- The Mountaineers are 9-10-0 against the spread this season.
- The Mountaineers are 1-1 against the spread when an underdog by 3.5 points or more this season.
- The average total in West Virginia’s games this season is 5.2 more points than the point total of 141 for this outing.
Texas Tech vs. West Virginia Season Stat Comparison
|Texas Tech Rank||Texas Tech AVG||West Virginia AVG||West Virginia Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Texas Tech Red Raiders Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Red Raiders this season is Kevin Obanor, who averages 14.7 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 1.1 assists per game.
- Daniel Batcho leads Texas Tech in rebounding, averaging 6.8 per game, while De’Vion Harmon leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.5 in each contest.
- Pop Isaacs makes more threes per game than any other member of the Red Raiders, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.6 per contest.
West Virginia Mountaineers Leaders
- Tre Mitchell is the top scorer for the Mountaineers with 13.1 points per game. He also tacks on 5.9 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game to his stats.
- The West Virginia leaders in rebounding and assists are Jimmy Bell Jr. with 6.1 rebounds per game (he also adds 6.3 points and 0.5 assists per game) and Kedrian Johnson with 3.2 assists per game (he also tacks on 10.7 points and 2.2 rebounds per game).
- Erik Stevenson hits 1.8 three-pointers per game, the most on the Mountaineers.