Table of Contents
The Georgia State Panthers (9-11, 2-6 Sun Belt) visit the Appalachian State Mountaineers (11-10, 4-4 Sun Belt) after losing six road games in a row. The Mountaineers are favored by 6.5 points in the matchup, which starts at 6:30 PM ET on Thursday, January 26, 2023. The matchup’s over/under is 126.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mountaineers vs. Panthers
- Game Day: Thursday, January 26, 2023
- Game Time: 6:30 PM ET
- Location: Boone, North Carolina
- Arena: George M. Holmes Convocation Center
Appalachian State Betting Stats & Information
- Appalachian State has won 42.9% of its games this season when favored on the moneyline (3-4).
- The Mountaineers have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -286 or shorter.
- The Mountaineers are 9-9-0 against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 6.5-point underdogs this year, the Panthers are 2-0 against the spread.
- The average total Appalachian State has had set in games this season is 12 more points than this outing’s point total.
Georgia State Betting Stats & Info
- Georgia State has been underdogs in nine games this season and won one (11.1%) of those contests.
- The Panthers have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +233.
- The Panthers have a 6-12-1 record against the spread this year.
- The Panthers are a perfect 2-0 against the spread when an underdog by 6.5 points or more this year.
- The average point total for Georgia State this year is 4.6 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Appalachian State vs. Georgia State Season Stat Comparison
|Appalachian State Rank||Appalachian State AVG||Georgia State AVG||Georgia State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Appalachian State Mountaineers Leaders
- The Mountaineers leader in points and assists is Donovan Gregory, who puts up 12 points per game along with 4.5 assists.
- CJ Huntley is Appalachian State’s best rebounder, pulling down an average of 6.5 boards in each contest while scoring 9 points per game.
- The Mountaineers get the most three-point shooting production out of Tyree Boykin, who makes 2.2 threes per game.
Georgia State Panthers Leaders
- Dwon Odom collects 14.6 points and tacks on 3.6 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Panthers’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Ja’Heim Hudson is at the top of the Georgia State rebounding leaderboard with 7.4 rebounds per game. He also scores 10.8 points and tacks on 0.9 assists per game.
- Evan Johnson is the most prolific from distance for the Panthers, hitting 1.6 threes per game.