Table of Contents
The Michigan State Spartans (13-7, 5-4 Big Ten) are at home in Big Ten action against the Iowa Hawkeyes (12-7, 4-4 Big Ten) on Thursday, January 26, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET. The Spartans are 2.5-point favorites in the game. The matchup’s over/under is set at 147.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Spartans vs. Hawkeyes
- Game Day: Thursday, January 26, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: East Lansing, Michigan
- Arena: Jack Breslin Students Events Center
Michigan State Betting Stats & Information
- Michigan State has been favored on the moneyline 14 times this season. They’ve finished 11-3 in those games.
- The Spartans have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -138 or shorter.
- The Spartans are 11-9-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 2.5-point underdogs this season, the Hawkeyes are 1-2 against the spread.
- Michigan State’s average point total in outings this season is 135.5, 12 points less than the total in this game.
Iowa Betting Stats & Info
- Iowa has won two of the five games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Hawkeyes have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +115 odds on them winning this game.
- The Hawkeyes are 11-8-0 ATS this year.
- In games they have played as at least 2.5-point underdogs this year, the Hawkeyes are 1-2 against the spread.
- The average point total for Iowa this season is 7.8 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Michigan State vs. Iowa Season Stat Comparison
|Michigan State Rank||Michigan State AVG||Iowa AVG||Iowa Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Michigan State Spartans Leaders
- Tyson Walker leads the Spartans in scoring, tallying 14.3 points per game to go with 2.5 rebounds and 2.6 assists.
- Joey Hauser is Michigan State’s leading rebounder, grabbing 7.7 per game, while A.J Hoggard is its best passer, averaging 6.1 assists in each contest.
- Hauser makes more threes per game than any other member of the Spartans, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.8 per contest.
Iowa Hawkeyes Leaders
- Kris Murray averages 21.3 points and 8.9 rebounds per game for the Hawkeyes, enough to make him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Tony Perkins’ assist statline leads Iowa; he records 2.8 assists per game.
- Murray is reliable from distance and leads the Hawkeyes with 2.5 made threes per game.