Table of Contents
The Arkansas State Red Wolves (9-13, 1-8 Sun Belt) are 9.5-point underdogs as they attempt to break an eight-game losing streak when they visit the Appalachian State Mountaineers (12-10, 5-4 Sun Belt) on Saturday, January 28, 2023 at George M. Holmes Convocation Center. The contest airs at 4:30 PM ET. The over/under is 126.5 for the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mountaineers vs. Red Wolves
- Game Day: Saturday, January 28, 2023
- Game Time: 4:30 PM ET
- Location: Boone, North Carolina
- Arena: George M. Holmes Convocation Center
Appalachian State Betting Stats & Information
- Appalachian State has won four of eight games when favored on the moneyline this season (50%).
- The Mountaineers have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -518 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Mountaineers have compiled a 10-9-0 record against the spread.
- The Red Wolves have a 3-2 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 9.5 points or more this year.
- The average total Appalachian State has had in its matchups this season is 11.6 more points than this particular game’s point total.
Arkansas State Betting Stats & Info
- Arkansas State has entered the game as underdogs 11 times this season and won once.
- The Red Wolves have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +370 moneyline set for this game.
- The Red Wolves have gone 6-12-1 ATS this season.
- The Red Wolves have a 3-2 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 9.5 points or more.
- The average point total for Arkansas State this year is 6.6 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Appalachian State vs. Arkansas State Season Stat Comparison
|Appalachian State Rank||Appalachian State AVG||Arkansas State AVG||Arkansas State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Appalachian State Mountaineers Leaders
- Donovan Gregory leads the Mountaineers in points and assists per game, scoring 12.1 points and distributing 4.3 assists.
- Appalachian State’s best rebounder is CJ Huntley, who averages 6.5 boards per game in addition to his 8.9 PPG average.
- Tyree Boykin leads the Mountaineers in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.2 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Arkansas State Red Wolves Leaders
- Caleb Fields’ points (11.5 per game) and assists (4.8 per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the Red Wolves’ leaderboards.
- Omar El-Sheikh is at the top of the Arkansas State rebounding leaderboard with 9.6 rebounds per game. He also racks up 10.9 points and adds 0.5 assists per game.
- Malcolm Farrington hits 2.2 three-pointers per game, the most on the Red Wolves.