Table of Contents
The Grambling Tigers (13-7, 6-2 SWAC) will try to extend a three-game winning streak when they host the Alcorn State Braves (9-11, 6-2 SWAC) on Monday, January 30, 2023 at Fredrick C. Hobdy Assembly Center as 5.5-point favorites. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 135.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Braves
- Game Day: Monday, January 30, 2023
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Location: Grambling, Louisiana
- Arena: Fredrick C. Hobdy Assembly Center
Grambling Betting Stats & Information
- Grambling has gone 7-1 in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 87.5%).
- The Tigers have not played as a moneyline favorite of -244 or shorter.
- The Tigers’ ATS record is 9-9-0 this season.
- The Braves have a 5-5 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 5.5 points or more this year.
- The average point total in Grambling’s games this season is 1.6 fewer points than the total of 135.5 in this matchup.
Alcorn State Betting Stats & Info
- Alcorn State has entered the game as underdogs 14 times this season and won five, or 35.7%, of those games.
- The Braves have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +189 odds on them winning this game.
- So far this year, the Braves have compiled a 10-10-0 record against the spread.
- In games they have played as at least 5.5-point underdogs this season, the Braves are 5-5 against the spread.
- The average over/under for Alcorn State’s games this year is 3.5 more points than the point total of 135.5 in this outing.
Grambling vs. Alcorn State Season Stat Comparison
|Grambling Rank||Grambling AVG||Alcorn State AVG||Alcorn State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Grambling Tigers Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Tigers this season is Cameron Christon, who averages 14.3 points, 5.3 rebounds, and 1.4 assists per game.
- Carte’Are Gordon is Grambling’s leading rebounder, pulling down seven per game, while Shawndarius Cowart is its best passer, distributing 3.7 assists in each contest.
- The Tigers get the most three-point shooting production out of Christon, who knocks down 1.4 threes per game.
Alcorn State Braves Leaders
- Dominic Brewton scores 13.7 points per game and is the top scorer for the Braves.
- The Alcorn State leaders in rebounding and assists are Jeremiah Kendall with 7.1 rebounds per game (he also adds 9.1 points and 0.5 assists per game) and Byron Joshua with 3.3 assists per game (he also tacks on 10.6 points and 3.6 rebounds per game).
- Dekedran Thorn is the top shooter from distance for the Braves, hitting 1.4 threes per game.