Table of Contents
The Jackson State Tigers (6-15, 5-3 SWAC) are underdogs (by 8 points) to break a three-game road losing streak when they visit the Southern Jaguars (11-10, 7-1 SWAC) on Monday, January 30, 2023 at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 147.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Jaguars vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Monday, January 30, 2023
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Arena: F. G. Clark Center
Southern Betting Stats & Information
- Southern has compiled a 6-3 record in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 66.7% of those games).
- The Jaguars have not played a game with moneyline odds of -378 or shorter.
- The Jaguars have a 14-5-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 8 points or more, the Tigers have an 8-3 record against the spread.
- The average point total in Southern’s games this year is 1.4 more points than the total of 147 in this matchup.
Jackson State Betting Stats & Info
- Jackson State has entered the game as underdogs 16 times this season and won twice.
- The Tigers have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +280 moneyline set for this game.
- The Tigers have gone 11-10-0 ATS this season.
- The Tigers have an 8-3 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 8 points or more this year.
- The average point total for Jackson State this year is 4.5 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Southern vs. Jackson State Season Stat Comparison
|Southern Rank||Southern AVG||Jackson State AVG||Jackson State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Southern Jaguars Leaders
- Brion Whitley leads the Jaguars in scoring, tallying 12.8 points per game to go with three rebounds and 1 assist.
- Tyrone Lyons leads Southern in rebounding, averaging 4.1 per game, while P.J. Byrd leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 6.1 in each contest.
- Whitley leads the Jaguars in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.4 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Jackson State Tigers Leaders
- Ken Evans is the top scorer for the Tigers with 11.4 points per game. He also adds 4.7 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game to his statistics.
- Jackson State’s leader in rebounds is Trace Young with six per game, and its leader in assists is Chase Adams with 3.4 per game.
- Coltie Young is dependable from distance and leads the Tigers with 2.6 made threes per game.