Table of Contents
The Akron Zips (16-6, 8-1 MAC) will try to extend a seven-game win streak when they host the Kent State Golden Flashes (18-4, 8-1 MAC) on Friday, February 3, 2023 at James A. Rhodes Arena as just 1.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 9:00 PM ET. The point total is 133.5 for the matchup.
How do I watch Golden Flashes vs. Zips?
- Game Day: Friday, February 3, 2023
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Location: Akron, Ohio
- Arena: James A. Rhodes Arena
Betting Lines for Golden Flashes vs. Zips
Kent State Betting Stats & Information
- Kent State has been favored on the moneyline 16 times this season. They’ve gone 15-1 in those games.
- The Golden Flashes have not played as a moneyline favorite of -121 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Golden Flashes have put together a 13-7-1 record against the spread.
- The Zips have a 1-6 record against the spread when an underdog by 1.5 points or more this season.
- The average total in Kent State’s games this season is six more points than the over/under of 133.5 in this game.
Akron Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Akron has been the underdog seven times and won one of those games.
- The Zips have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +101 odds on them winning this game.
- The Zips are 7-12-1 against the spread this season.
- The Zips are 1-6 against the spread when an underdog by 1.5 points or more this season.
- The average point total for Akron this year is 1.7 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Kent State vs. Akron Season Stat Comparison
|Kent State Rank||Kent State AVG||Akron AVG||Akron Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Kent State Golden Flashes Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Golden Flashes is Sincere Carry, who scores 17.2 points and distributes five assists per game.
- Kent State’s best rebounder is Cli’Ron Hornbeak, who averages 5.8 boards per game in addition to his 5.5 PPG average.
- Miryne Thomas leads the Golden Flashes in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.2 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Akron Zips Leaders
- The Zips’ Xavier Castaneda puts up enough points (20.9 per game) and assists (three per game) to top the team’s leaderboards.
- Enrique Freeman is at the top of the Akron rebounding leaderboard with 10.7 rebounds per game. He also scores 15.1 points and tacks on two assists per game.
- Castaneda is the most prolific from deep for the Zips, hitting 3.4 threes per game.