Table of Contents
The Alabama State Hornets (6-17, 4-6 SWAC) are underdogs (+6) as they try to break a four-game losing streak when they host the Southern Jaguars (12-11, 8-2 SWAC) at 8:30 PM ET on Monday, February 6, 2023 at Dunn-Oliver Acadome. The matchup’s over/under is set at 141.5.
How do I watch Jaguars vs. Hornets?
- Game Day: Monday, February 6, 2023
- Game Time: 8:30 PM ET
- Location: Montgomery, Alabama
- Arena: Dunn-Oliver Acadome
Betting Lines for Jaguars vs. Hornets
Southern Betting Stats & Information
- Southern has won seven of 11 games when the moneyline favorite this season (63.6%).
- The Jaguars have not played a game with moneyline odds of -247 or shorter.
- The Jaguars are 15-6-0 against the spread this season.
- The Hornets have a 7-7 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 6 points or more this season.
- The average over/under Southern has had in its games this season is 6.1 more points than this particular game’s point total.
Alabama State Betting Stats & Info
- Alabama State has entered the game as underdogs 17 times this season and won twice.
- The Hornets have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +205 moneyline set for this game.
- The Hornets’ ATS record is 12-11-0 this year.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 6 points or more, the Hornets have a 7-7 record against the spread.
- The average point total for Alabama State this year is 2.6 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Southern vs. Alabama State Season Stat Comparison
|Southern Rank||Southern AVG||Alabama State AVG||Alabama State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Southern Jaguars Leaders
- Brion Whitley leads the Jaguars in scoring, tallying 12.4 points per game to go with 2.8 rebounds and 1 assist.
- Southern’s leading rebounder is Tyrone Lyons averaging four boards per game and its best passer is P.J. Byrd and his 6.1 assists per game.
- Whitley leads the Jaguars in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.4 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Alabama State Hornets Leaders
- Isaiah Range is the top scorer for the Hornets with 14 points per game. He also tacks on 3.7 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game to his stats.
- Alabama State’s leader in rebounds is Jordan O’Neal with 7.3 per game, and its leader in assists is Alex Anderson with 3.2 per game.
- Range is the top scorer from deep for the Hornets, hitting 2.3 threes per game.