Table of Contents
Every year hundreds of millions of dollars are wagered on the Super Bowl; as the U.S. continues to legalize it across the country, sports fans are finding different ways to cash in. According to PlayUSA, a website focused on legalized gambling, there will be a total of 1.1 billion dollars legally wagered on Super Bowl LVII. This, in turn, will be a record-breaking increase from last year when it was recorded that $950 million was wagered on Super Bowl LVI between the Cincinnati Bengals and Los Angeles Rams.
The Biggest Bet…So Far
Action Network reported that a BetMGM customer placed the largest bet on Super Bowl LVII on Saturday. The BetMGM bettor put $1 million on the Philadelphia Eagles to win outright at -125. The bettor avoided going in the direction of betting on the Eagles to cover the 1.5-point spread (For that bet to cash out, the Philadelphia Eagles would have to defeat the Kansas City Chiefs by 2 points). Betting $1 million on the Eagles to win outright at -125 odds would result in an $800,000 payout. BetMGM is the first book to receive a seven-figure wager on Super Bowl LVII as of Monday.
Six Figure Bets
On Saturday, it was reported that Caesars Sportsbook customers placed a number of six-figure wagers on the big game these include:
- $314,000 on the Chiefs +3.5 points (-157 odds) from an Arizona bettor. The alternate-spread bet would win $200,000.
- $150,000 on the Chiefs moneyline (+105 odds) from a Kansas bettor. The bet would win $157,500.
- $150,000 on the Chiefs +1.5 points (-110 odds) from the same Kansas bettor. The bet would win $136,364.
- $150,000 on the Eagles -1.5 points (-110 odds) from a Nevada bettor. The bet would win $136,364.
- $220,000 on Chiefs-Eagles Under 51 total points (-110 odds) from a Michigan bettor. The bet would win $200,000.
- $110,000 on Chiefs-Eagles Under 51 total points (-110 odds) from an Arizona bettor. The bet would win $100,000.
- $220,000 on Chiefs-Eagles Under 51 total points (-110 odds) from the same Arizona bettor who played Under 51. The bet would win $200,000.
The largest Super Bowl prop bet Caesars Sportsbook has received is $35,000 at -1400 odds for there not to be a kickoff or punt returned for a touchdown by either team.