Table of Contents
WAC opponents square off when the UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (12-12, 3-8 WAC) host the UT Arlington Mavericks (8-16, 3-8 WAC) at UTRGV Fieldhouse, starting at 7:30 PM ET on Thursday, February 9, 2023. The Mavericks are 3-point underdogs in the game. The matchup’s over/under is set at 143.5.
How do I watch Vaqueros vs. Mavericks?
- Game Day: Thursday, February 9, 2023
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Edinburg, Texas
- Arena: UTRGV Fieldhouse
Betting Lines for Vaqueros vs. Mavericks
|UT Rio Grande Valley||-3||143.5|
UT Rio Grande Valley Betting Stats & Information
- UT Rio Grande Valley has won all three games when favored on the moneyline this season.
- The Vaqueros have not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -159 or shorter.
- The Vaqueros have an 11-10-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 3 points or more, the Mavericks have an 8-9 record against the spread.
- UT Rio Grande Valley’s average point total in matchups this year is 156.2, 12.7 points higher than the over/under in this game.
UT Arlington Betting Stats & Info
- UT Arlington has entered the game as underdogs 20 times this season and won four, or 20%, of those games.
- The Mavericks have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +133 moneyline set for this game.
- The Mavericks are 9-12-0 ATS this year.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 3 points or more, the Mavericks have an 8-9 record against the spread.
- UT Arlington’s games this year have averaged a total of 133 points, 10.5 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
UT Rio Grande Valley vs. UT Arlington Season Stat Comparison
|UT Rio Grande Valley Rank||UT Rio Grande Valley AVG||UT Arlington AVG||UT Arlington Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros Leaders
- The Vaqueros scoring leader is Justin Johnson, who averages 20.9 per contest to go with 5.1 rebounds and three assists.
- UT Rio Grande Valley’s leading rebounder is Daylen Williams averaging 5.9 boards per game and its best passer is Will Johnston and his 3.8 assists per game.
- Johnston leads the Vaqueros in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.1 shots per game from beyond the arc.
UT Arlington Mavericks Leaders
- Kyron Gibson’s points (11.1 per game) and assists (3.8 per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the Mavericks’ leaderboards.
- Shemar Wilson is at the top of the UT Arlington rebounding leaderboard with 7.8 rebounds per game. He also notches 10.9 points and tacks on 0.8 assists per game.
- Gibson is consistent from deep and leads the Mavericks with 1.7 made threes per game.