Table of Contents
The Wichita State Shockers (12-12, 5-7 AAC) are 6.5-point favorites as they look to stop a three-game home losing streak when they take on the SMU Mustangs (9-16, 4-8 AAC) on Sunday, February 12, 2023 at Charles Koch Arena. The contest airs at 4:00 PM ET on ESPN2. The point total is 136.5 in the matchup.
How do I watch Shockers vs. Mustangs?
- Game Day: Sunday, February 12, 2023
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN2
- Location: Wichita, Kansas
- Arena: Charles Koch Arena
Betting Lines for Shockers vs. Mustangs
Wichita State Betting Stats & Information
- Wichita State has been the moneyline favorite 14 times this season. They’ve finished 9-5 in those games.
- The Shockers have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -286 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Shockers have put together an 11-11-2 record against the spread.
- In games they have played as at least 6.5-point underdogs this season, the Mustangs are 3-7 against the spread.
- Wichita State’s average point total in matchups this season is 135.4, 1.1 points fewer than the total in this game.
SMU Betting Stats & Info
- SMU has entered the game as underdogs 14 times this season and won three, or 21.4%, of those games.
- The Mustangs have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +225.
- So far this year, the Mustangs have put together an 8-16-1 record against the spread.
- The Mustangs have a 3-7 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 6.5 points or more.
- The average point total for SMU this season is seven points higher than this game’s over/under.
Wichita State vs. SMU Season Stat Comparison
|Wichita State Rank||Wichita State AVG||SMU AVG||SMU Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Wichita State Shockers Leaders
- The leader in rebounds and assists for the Shockers is Craig Porter Jr., who grabs 6.2 boards and administers 4.1 assists per game to go with a 12.4 PPG scoring average.
- Jaykwon Walton is Wichita State’s leading scorer, averaging 13.9 per game while tacking on 5.5 rebounds and 1.7 assists.
- The Shockers get the most three-point shooting production out of Jaron Pierre Jr., who knocks down 1.6 threes per game.
SMU Mustangs Leaders
- The Mustangs’ Zhuric Phelps averages enough points (17 per game) and assists (2.8 per game) to sit atop the squad’s leaderboards.
- Samuell Williamson’s stat line of 7.3 rebounds, 8.2 points and 2.7 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the SMU rebounding leaderboard.
- Zach Nutall makes two three-pointers per game, the most on the Mustangs.