Table of Contents
The Texas State Bobcats (12-15, 5-9 Sun Belt) are 4.5-point underdogs as they look to break a four-game road slide when they square off against the Appalachian State Mountaineers (14-13, 7-7 Sun Belt) on Thursday, February 16, 2023 at George M. Holmes Convocation Center. The game airs at 6:30 PM ET on ESPN+. The over/under in the matchup is set at 122.
How do I watch Mountaineers vs. Bobcats?
- Game Day: Thursday, February 16, 2023
- Game Time: 6:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Boone, North Carolina
- Arena: George M. Holmes Convocation Center
Betting Lines for Mountaineers vs. Bobcats
Appalachian State Betting Stats & Information
- Appalachian State has compiled a 6-4 record in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 60% of those games).
- The Mountaineers have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -192 or shorter.
- The Mountaineers have a 12-12-0 record against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 4.5-point underdogs this season, the Bobcats are 4-4 against the spread.
- Appalachian State’s average point total in matchups this season is 134.3, 12.3 points higher than the total in this game.
Texas State Betting Stats & Info
- Texas State has been underdogs in 14 games this season and won five (35.7%) of those contests.
- The Bobcats have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +161 odds on them winning this game.
- So far this season, the Bobcats have compiled an 8-15-1 record against the spread.
- The Bobcats have a 4-4 record against the spread when an underdog by 4.5 points or more this year.
- The average point total for Texas State this year is 8.5 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Appalachian State vs. Texas State Season Stat Comparison
|Appalachian State Rank||Appalachian State AVG||Texas State AVG||Texas State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Appalachian State Mountaineers Leaders
- The Mountaineers leader in points and assists is Donovan Gregory, who scores 12 points per game to go with 4.3 assists.
- CJ Huntley leads Appalachian State in rebounding, grabbing 6.2 rebounds per game while also scoring 8.6 points a contest.
- Tyree Boykin makes more threes per game than any other member of the Mountaineers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.1 per contest.
Texas State Bobcats Leaders
- Mason Harrell scores 15.9 points and adds 2.3 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Bobcats’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Tyler Morgan is at the top of the Texas State rebounding leaderboard with 6.3 rebounds per game. He also racks up 8.9 points and adds 1.4 assists per game.
- Harrell makes 1.4 three-pointers per game, the most on the Bobcats.