Table of Contents
The Drake Bulldogs (23-6, 14-4 MVC) will look to extend a nine-game win streak when they host the Illinois State Redbirds (10-19, 5-13 MVC) on Wednesday, February 22, 2023 at Knapp Center as big, 15-point favorites. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has an over/under set at 138 points.
How do I watch Bulldogs vs. Redbirds?
- Game Day: Wednesday, February 22, 2023
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Des Moines, Iowa
- Arena: Knapp Center
Betting Lines for Bulldogs vs. Redbirds
Drake Betting Stats & Information
- Drake has been favored on the moneyline 24 times this season. They’ve gone 20-4 in those games.
- The Bulldogs have not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -1507 or shorter.
- The Bulldogs’ ATS record is 12-15-1 this season.
- The Redbirds are 1-0 against the spread so far this season when playing as at least 15-point underdogs.
- The average over/under Drake has had in its matchups this year is 2.9 more points than this particular game’s point total.
Illinois State Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Illinois State has been the underdog 18 times and won three, or 16.7%, of those games.
- The Redbirds have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +838.
- The Redbirds are 10-18-1 ATS this season.
- When they have played as at least 15-point underdogs this year, the Redbirds are 1-0 against the spread.
- Illinois State’s games this year have averaged an over/under of 137.5 points, 0.5 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Drake vs. Illinois State Season Stat Comparison
|Drake Rank||Drake AVG||Illinois State AVG||Illinois State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Drake Bulldogs Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Bulldogs this season is Tucker DeVries, who averages 19.2 points, 5.8 rebounds, and 1.9 assists per game.
- Darnell Brodie is Drake’s leading rebounder, pulling down 7.2 per game, while Roman Penn is its best passer, distributing 5.4 assists in each contest.
- DeVries makes more threes per game than any other member of the Bulldogs, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.7 per contest.
Illinois State Redbirds Leaders
- Darius Burford’s points (12.6 per game) and assists (2.5 per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the Redbirds’ leaderboards.
- Kendall Lewis grabs 7.3 rebounds per game (he also scores 10.8 points per game and adds 1.3 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Illinois State rebounding leaderboard.
- Malachi Poindexter is reliable from three-point range and leads the Redbirds with 1.7 made threes per game.