Table of Contents
The No. 20 Providence Friars (21-8, 13-5 Big East) host the No. 19 Xavier Musketeers (21-8, 13-5 Big East) after winning 12 home games in a row. The Friars are favored by 3.5 points in the contest, which starts at 6:30 PM ET on Wednesday, March 1, 2023. The matchup has an over/under of 154.5 points.
How do I watch Friars vs. Musketeers?
- Game Day: Wednesday, March 1, 2023
- Game Time: 6:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
- Location: Providence, Rhode Island
- Arena: Amica Mutual Pavilion
Betting Lines for Friars vs. Musketeers
Providence Betting Stats & Information
- Providence has gone 16-1 in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 94.1%).
- The Friars have not yet played as a moneyline favorite of -172 or shorter.
- The Friars have gone 18-11-0 ATS this season.
- In games they have played as at least 3.5-point underdogs this season, the Musketeers are 3-2 against the spread.
- The average point total for Providence’s games this year is 5.6 fewer points than the over/under of 154.5 in this matchup.
Xavier Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Xavier has won three out of the eight games in which it has been the underdog.
- The Musketeers have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +140 odds on them winning this game.
- The Musketeers have a 16-12-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Musketeers are 3-2 against the spread when an underdog by 3.5 points or more this year.
- The average total for Xavier’s games this year is 1.6 more points than the point total of 154.5 in this outing.
Providence vs. Xavier Season Stat Comparison
|Providence Rank||Providence AVG||Xavier AVG||Xavier Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Providence Friars Leaders
- Bryce Hopkins leads the Friars in scoring and rebounding, tallying 16.4 points and 8.8 boards per game.
- Jared Bynum is Providence’s best passer, dispensing 4.5 assists per game while scoring 9.8 PPG.
- Noah Locke leads the Friars in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.2 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Xavier Musketeers Leaders
- Souley Boum’s points (16.5 per game) and assists (4.6 per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the Musketeers’ leaderboards.
- Zach Freemantle grabs 8.1 rebounds per game (he also scores 15.2 points per game and adds 2.9 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Xavier rebounding leaderboard.
- Boum is the most prolific from distance for the Musketeers, hitting 2.2 threes per game.