Table of Contents
The No. 6 seed Winthrop Eagles (15-16, 10-8 Big South) are 1.5-point underdogs in their Big South Tournament matchup against the No. 3 seed Radford Highlanders (18-13, 12-6 Big South) on Friday at Bojangles’ Coliseum, beginning at 8:30 PM on ESPN+. The winner moves one step closer to the conference championship and an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Does all this March Madness intel have you itching to play a bracket of your own? Make a pool with the Internet’s #1 March Madness software: RunYourPool.com. We’ve got more options and game types than standard brackets and customization to make it your own.
Start here >
How do I watch Highlanders vs. Eagles?
- Game Day: Friday, March 3, 2023
- Game Time: 8:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Arena: Bojangles’ Coliseum
Betting Lines for Highlanders vs. Eagles
Radford Betting Stats & Information
- Radford has been favored on the moneyline 20 times this season. They’ve gone 14-6 in those games.
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -127 or shorter, the Highlanders have a 12-6 record (winning 66.7% of their games).
- The Highlanders have a 16-13-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 1.5 points or more, the Eagles have a 6-8-1 record against the spread.
- The average point total in Radford’s games this season is seven fewer points than the total of 141 in this matchup.
Winthrop Betting Stats & Info
- Winthrop has been underdogs in 16 games this season and won four (25%) of those contests.
- The Eagles have entered 14 games this season as the underdog by +104 or more and is 4-10 in those contests.
- The Eagles have a 13-14-2 record against the spread this season.
- The Eagles have a 6-8-1 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 1.5 points or more.
- The average over/under in Winthrop’s games this season is 7.2 more points than the point total of 141 in this outing.
Radford vs. Winthrop Season Stat Comparison
|Radford Rank||Radford AVG||Winthrop AVG||Winthrop Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Radford Highlanders Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Highlanders this season is DaQuan Smith, who averages 13.5 points, 3.4 rebounds, and 1.7 assists per game.
- Justin Archer is Radford’s leading rebounder, grabbing seven per game, while Josiah Jeffers is its best passer, averaging 3.6 assists in each contest.
- Smith makes more threes per game than any other member of the Highlanders, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.1 per contest.
Winthrop Eagles Leaders
- The Eagles’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Kelton Talford with 16.1 points and eight rebounds per game.
- Kasen Harrison dishes out more assists than any other Winthrop teammate with 3.8 per game. He also averages 11 points and pulls down 2.4 rebounds per game.
- Toneari Lane is consistent from distance and leads the Eagles with 2.4 made threes per game.