Table of Contents
The No. 5 seed East Tennessee State Buccaneers (12-19, 8-10 SoCon) are 2-point favorites in the SoCon Tournament over the No. 4 seed Western Carolina Catamounts (17-14, 10-8 SoCon) on Saturday at Harrah’s Cherokee Center Asheville. The matchup starts at 2:30 PM and airs on ESPN+, with the winner moving one step closer to securing a guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
This March Madness, brackets are just the beginning. Get your friends, family, and coworkers together to play Survivor, Pick-X, or Head-to-Head Pools — all on the Internet’s #1 March Madness software.
Start here >
How do I watch Buccaneers vs. Catamounts?
- Game Day: Saturday, March 4, 2023
- Game Time: 2:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Asheville, North Carolina
- Arena: Harrah’s Cherokee Center Asheville
Betting Lines for Buccaneers vs. Catamounts
|East Tennessee State||-2||140.5|
East Tennessee State Betting Stats & Information
- East Tennessee State has been favored on the moneyline 13 times this season. They’ve finished 5-8 in those games.
- The Buccaneers are 5-7 (winning 41.7% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -129 or shorter.
- The Buccaneers are 13-16-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 2-point underdogs this year, the Catamounts are 9-6-1 against the spread.
- The average total East Tennessee State has had set in games this year is two fewer points than this outing’s point total.
Western Carolina Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Western Carolina has been the underdog 19 times and won eight, or 42.1%, of those games.
- The Catamounts have a record of 8-10, a 44.4% win rate, when they’re set as an underdog of +108 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The Catamounts are 16-13-1 against the spread this season.
- The Catamounts have a 9-6-1 record against the spread when an underdog by 2 points or more this season.
- The average point total for Western Carolina this year is 4.9 points higher than this game’s over/under.
East Tennessee State vs. Western Carolina Season Stat Comparison
|East Tennessee State Rank||East Tennessee State AVG||Western Carolina AVG||Western Carolina Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
East Tennessee State Buccaneers Leaders
- The Buccaneers leader in points and assists is Jordan King, who scores 15.4 points per game to go with 3.2 assists.
- East Tennessee State’s best rebounder is Jaden Seymour, who averages 7.4 boards per game in addition to his 8.9 PPG average.
- The Buccaneers get the most three-point shooting production out of King, who makes 2.1 threes per game.
Western Carolina Catamounts Leaders
- Tre Jackson averages 15.9 points per game and is the top scorer for the Catamounts.
- The Western Carolina leaders in rebounding and assists are Tyzhaun Claude with 8.6 rebounds per game (he also adds 15.4 points and 0.6 assists per game) and Vonterius Woolbright with five assists per game (he also tacks on 14.4 points and 7.3 rebounds per game).
- Jackson makes 3.5 three-pointers per game, the most on the Catamounts.