Table of Contents
The No. 2 seed UMass-Lowell River Hawks (24-7, 11-5 America East) are 11-point favorites to win and move closer to a guaranteed berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket against the No. 7 seed Maine Black Bears (13-16, 7-9 America East) in the America East Tournament Saturday at Costello Athletic Center, tipping off at 4:00 PM on ESPN+.
Sick of brackets? Play entirely new March Madness games with the Internet’s #1 March Madness software: RunYourPool.com.
Start here >
How do I watch River Hawks vs. Black Bears?
- Game Day: Saturday, March 4, 2023
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Lowell, Massachusetts
- Arena: Costello Athletic Center
Betting Lines for River Hawks vs. Black Bears
UMass-Lowell Betting Stats & Information
- UMass-Lowell has compiled a 20-5 record in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 80% of those games).
- The River Hawks have played 11 times as a moneyline favorite with odds of -579 or shorter, and won in each game.
- The River Hawks have gone 19-10-0 ATS this season.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 11 points or more, the Black Bears have a 3-3 record against the spread.
- UMass-Lowell’s average point total in matchups this year is 144.7, 3.7 points higher than the total in this game.
Maine Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Maine has won seven out of the 20 games, or 35%, in which it has been the underdog.
- The Black Bears have a record of 1-6 when they’re set as an underdog of +415 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- So far this year, the Black Bears have compiled a 15-11-1 record against the spread.
- The Black Bears are 3-3 against the spread when an underdog by 11 points or more this year.
- The average point total for Maine this year is 2.9 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
UMass-Lowell vs. Maine Season Stat Comparison
|UMass-Lowell Rank||UMass-Lowell AVG||Maine AVG||Maine Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
UMass-Lowell River Hawks Leaders
- Everette Hammond leads the River Hawks in scoring, tallying 13.7 points per game to go with 4.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
- Abdoul Karim Coulibaly is UMass-Lowell’s leading rebounder, grabbing eight per game, while Ayinde Hikim is its best passer, distributing 3.9 assists in each contest.
- Hammond makes more threes per game than any other member of the River Hawks, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.7 per contest.
Maine Black Bears Leaders
- Gedi Juozapaitis sits at the top of the Black Bears scoring leaderboard with 15.4 points per game. He also pulls down 2.8 rebounds and dishes out 1.8 assists per game.
- The Maine leaders in rebounding and assists are Peter Filipovity with 5.7 rebounds per game (he also adds 9.3 points and 0.6 assists per game) and Jaden Clayton with 4.1 assists per game (he also tacks on 7 points and 3.5 rebounds per game).
- Juozapaitis is the top scorer from distance for the Black Bears, hitting 2.4 threes per game.