Table of Contents
The No. 1 seed Furman Paladins (25-7, 15-3 SoCon) are favored by 12 points when they square off the No. 4 seed Western Carolina Catamounts (18-14, 10-8 SoCon) in the SoCon Tournament Sunday at Harrah’s Cherokee Center Asheville, starting at 4:00 PM on ESPNU. A guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket is on the line as these teams look to claim the SoCon championship.
This March Madness, brackets are just the beginning. Get your friends, family, and coworkers together to play Survivor, Pick-X, or Head-to-Head Pools — all on the Internet’s #1 March Madness software.
Start here >
How do I watch Paladins vs. Catamounts?
- Game Day: Sunday, March 5, 2023
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Asheville, North Carolina
- Arena: Harrah’s Cherokee Center Asheville
Betting Lines for Paladins vs. Catamounts
Furman Betting Stats & Information
- Furman has gone 21-5 in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 80.8%).
- The Paladins have a record of 8-2 in games they have played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -758 or shorter (80% win percentage).
- The Paladins have gone 17-12-0 ATS this season.
- In games they have played as at least 12-point underdogs this season, the Catamounts are 2-1-1 against the spread.
- The average total in Furman’s games this season is 3.1 more points than the total of 149.5 in this game.
Western Carolina Betting Stats & Info
- Western Carolina has won nine, or 45%, of the 20 games it has played as underdogs this season.
- This season, the Catamounts have won two of their six games when they’re the underdog by at least +526 on the moneyline.
- The Catamounts are 17-13-1 against the spread this season.
- The Catamounts have a 2-1-1 record against the spread when an underdog by 12 points or more this year.
- The average point total for Western Carolina this year is 4.7 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Furman vs. Western Carolina Season Stat Comparison
|Furman Rank||Furman AVG||Western Carolina AVG||Western Carolina Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Furman Paladins Leaders
- Mike Bothwell leads the Paladins in scoring, tallying 17.8 points per game to go with 3.5 rebounds and 3 assists.
- Jalen Slawson is Furman’s leading rebounder, pulling down 7.2 per game, while JP Pegues is its best passer, distributing four assists in each contest.
- The Paladins get the most three-point shooting production out of Pegues, who knocks down 1.9 threes per game.
Western Carolina Catamounts Leaders
- Tre Jackson is the top scorer for the Catamounts with 15.8 points per game. He also adds 3.8 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game to his stats.
- Tyzhaun Claude has a stat line of 8.5 rebounds, 15.4 points and 0.6 assists per game for Western Carolina to take the top rebound spot on the team. Vonterius Woolbright has the top spot for assists with five per game, adding 14.3 points and 7.4 rebounds per matchup.
- Jackson is consistent from three-point range and leads the Catamounts with 3.5 made threes per game.