Table of Contents
The No. 4 seed UConn Huskies (24-7, 13-7 Big East) are favored by 7 points in the Big East Tournament against the No. 5 seed Providence Friars (21-10, 13-7 Big East) on Thursday at Madison Square Garden, tipping off at 2:30 PM on Fox Sports 1.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. March Madness brackets are back! You can start your own pool today with the Internet’s #1 March Madness software.
Start here >
How do I watch Huskies vs. Friars?
- Game Day: Thursday, March 9, 2023
- Game Time: 2:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
- Location: New York City, New York
- Arena: Madison Square Garden
Betting Lines for Huskies vs. Friars
UConn Betting Stats & Information
- UConn has put together a 20-6 record in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 76.9% of those games).
- The Huskies are 15-1 (winning 93.8% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -312 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Huskies have compiled a 19-11-0 record against the spread.
- The Friars have a 1-2 record against the spread when an underdog by 7 points or more this year.
- The average point total for UConn’s games this year is 0.7 fewer points than the total of 144.5 in this matchup.
Providence Betting Stats & Info
- Providence has been underdogs in 12 games this season and won five (41.7%) of those contests.
- This season, the Friars have been at least a +250 underdog on the moneyline three times, losing each of those contests.
- The Friars have gone 18-13-0 ATS this year.
- The Friars are 1-2 against the spread when an underdog by 7 points or more this year.
- The average point total for Providence this season is 5.2 points higher than this game’s over/under.
UConn vs. Providence Season Stat Comparison
|UConn Rank||UConn AVG||Providence AVG||Providence Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
UConn Huskies Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Huskies is Adama Sanogo, who averages 16.9 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
- UConn’s best passer is Tristen Newton, who averages 4.5 assists per game to go with his 10.1 PPG scoring average.
- Jordan Hawkins makes more threes per game than any other member of the Huskies, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.9 per contest.
Providence Friars Leaders
- Bryce Hopkins averages 16.1 points and 8.5 rebounds per game for the Friars, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Providence’s assist leader is Jared Bynum with 4.4 per game. He also scores 10.1 points per game and tacks on 2.5 rebounds per game.
- Noah Locke is reliable from three-point range and leads the Friars with 2.1 made threes per game.