Table of Contents
The No. 3 seed Utah State Aggies (24-7, 13-5 MWC) are favored by 3.5 points when they face off the No. 6 seed New Mexico Lobos (22-10, 8-10 MWC) in the MWC Tournament Thursday at Thomas & Mack Center, tipping off at 11:30 PM on CBS Sports Network. A guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket is on the line as these teams look to claim the MWC championship.
Got a good feeling for who’s gonna win the whole NCAA tournament? Make a March Madness bracket at RunYourPool, invite some friends, and earn that sweet taste of victory — all using the Internet’s #1 March Madness software.
Start here >
How do I watch Aggies vs. Lobos?
- Game Day: Thursday, March 9, 2023
- Game Time: 11:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Arena: Thomas & Mack Center
Betting Lines for Aggies vs. Lobos
Utah State Betting Stats & Information
- Utah State has been favored on the moneyline 27 times this season. They’ve gone 23-4 in those games.
- The Aggies have a 20-3 record (winning 87% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -171 or shorter.
- The Aggies’ ATS record is 19-11-0 this season.
- The Lobos are 4-1-1 against the spread when an underdog by 3.5 points or more this season.
- The average point total for Utah State’s games this season is 8.4 fewer points than the total of 157.5 in this matchup.
New Mexico Betting Stats & Info
- New Mexico has won four of the eight games it has played as underdogs this season.
- This season, the Lobos have won two of their four games when they’re the underdog by at least +145 on the moneyline.
- The Lobos are 16-13-2 ATS this year.
- When they have played as at least 3.5-point underdogs this year, the Lobos are 4-1-1 against the spread.
- The average total in New Mexico’s games this season is 2.7 fewer points than the point total of 157.5 for this outing.
Utah State vs. New Mexico Season Stat Comparison
|Utah State Rank||Utah State AVG||New Mexico AVG||New Mexico Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Utah State Aggies Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Aggies is Steven Ashworth, who scores 16.3 points and dishes out 4.7 assists per game.
- Daniel Akin is Utah State’s best rebounder, hauling in an average of 6.8 boards in each contest while scoring 12.1 points per game.
- Ashworth makes more threes per game than any other member of the Aggies, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 3.2 per contest.
New Mexico Lobos Leaders
- Jamal Mashburn Jr. racks up 19.5 points per game and is the top scorer for the Lobos.
- The New Mexico leaders in rebounding and assists are Morris Udeze with 9.3 rebounds per game (he also adds 16.4 points and 1.4 assists per game) and Jaelen House with 4.8 assists per game (he also tacks on 17.1 points and four rebounds per game).
- House is consistent from three-point range and leads the Lobos with 1.8 made threes per game.