Table of Contents
The No. 2 seed Grambling Tigers (23-8, 15-3 SWAC) are favored by 5.5 points when they play the No. 3 seed Jackson State Tigers (14-18, 12-6 SWAC) in the SWAC Tournament Friday at Bartow Arena, beginning at 9:30 PM on ESPN+. A guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket is on the line as these teams look to claim the SWAC championship.
Does all this March Madness intel have you itching to play a bracket of your own? Make a pool with the Internet’s #1 March Madness software: RunYourPool.com. We’ve got more options and game types than standard brackets and customization to make it your own.
Start here >
How do I watch Tigers vs. Tigers?
- Game Day: Friday, March 10, 2023
- Game Time: 9:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Birmingham, Alabama
- Arena: Bartow Arena
Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Tigers
Grambling Betting Stats & Information
- Grambling has been favored on the moneyline 19 times this season. They’ve finished 17-2 in those games.
- In games they have played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -248 or shorter, the Grambling Tigers have an 11-1 record (winning 91.7% of their games).
- The Grambling Tigers have gone 18-11-0 ATS this season.
- The Jackson State Tigers are 8-5 against the spread when an underdog by 5.5 points or more this year.
- The average total Grambling has had in its matchups this year is 0.6 more points than this particular game’s point total.
Jackson State Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Jackson State has been the underdog 20 times and won five, or 25%, of those games.
- The Jackson State Tigers have a record of 1-12, a 7.7% win rate, when they’re set as an underdog of +202 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The Jackson State Tigers are 19-13-0 against the spread this year.
- When they have played as at least 5.5-point underdogs this season, the Jackson State Tigers are 8-5 against the spread.
- Jackson State’s games this year have averaged an over/under of 141.1 points, 10.6 more than the point total in this matchup.
Grambling vs. Jackson State Season Stat Comparison
|Grambling Rank||Grambling AVG||Jackson State AVG||Jackson State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Grambling Tigers Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Grambling Tigers this season is Cameron Christon, who averages 12.9 points, 5.4 rebounds, and 1.4 assists per game.
- Carte’Are Gordon leads Grambling in rebounding, averaging seven per game, while Shawndarius Cowart leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.4 in each contest.
- The Grambling Tigers get the most three-point shooting production out of Christon, who knocks down 1.5 threes per game.
Jackson State Tigers Leaders
- Ken Evans is the top scorer for the Jackson State Tigers with 11.4 points per game. He also adds 4.7 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game to his scoring output.
- Jackson State’s leader in rebounds is Zeke Cook with 5.7 per game, and its leader in assists is Chase Adams with 3.6 per game.
- Coltie Young is the most prolific from deep for the Jackson State Tigers, hitting 2.5 threes per game.