Table of Contents
The No. 1 seed San Diego State Aztecs (25-6, 15-3 MWC) are favored by 8.5 points in their MWC Tournament matchup against the No. 5 seed San Jose State Spartans (20-12, 10-8 MWC) on Friday at Thomas & Mack Center, beginning at 9:30 PM on CBS Sports Network. The winner will move one step closer to earning an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Does all this March Madness intel have you itching to play a bracket of your own? Make a pool with the Internet’s #1 March Madness software: RunYourPool.com. We’ve got more options and game types than standard brackets and customization to make it your own.
Start here >
How do I watch Aztecs vs. Spartans?
- Game Day: Friday, March 10, 2023
- Game Time: 9:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Arena: Thomas & Mack Center
Betting Lines for Aztecs vs. Spartans
|San Diego State||-8.5||126|
San Diego State Betting Stats & Information
- San Diego State has won 23 of 27 games when the moneyline favorite this season (85.2%).
- The Aztecs have played in 14 games as a moneyline favorite with odds of -405 or shorter and won every time.
- The Aztecs are 13-16-1 ATS this season.
- In games they have played as at least 8.5-point underdogs this year, the Spartans are 4-5 against the spread.
- San Diego State’s average point total in outings this year is 136.9, 10.9 points higher than the over/under in this game.
San Jose State Betting Stats & Info
- San Jose State has been underdogs in 21 games this season and won 10 (47.6%) of those contests.
- This season, the Spartans have won two of their nine games, or 22.2%, when they’re the underdog by at least +317 on the moneyline.
- The Spartans’ ATS record is 21-10-0 this year.
- The Spartans have a 4-5 record against the spread this season when an underdog by 8.5 points or more.
- The average point total for San Jose State this season is 8.8 points higher than this game’s over/under.
San Diego State vs. San Jose State Season Stat Comparison
|San Diego State Rank||San Diego State AVG||San Jose State AVG||San Jose State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
San Diego State Aztecs Leaders
- Matt Bradley leads the Aztecs in scoring, tallying 13 points per game to go with 3.8 rebounds and 2.2 assists.
- Nathan Mensah is San Diego State’s leading rebounder, pulling down 5.7 per game, while Darrion Trammell is its best passer, distributing 3.5 assists in each contest.
- Adam Seiko makes more threes per game than any other member of the Aztecs, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.8 per contest.
San Jose State Spartans Leaders
- Omari Moore’s points (17.8 per game) and assists (4.9 per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the Spartans’ leaderboards.
- Sage Tolbert’s stat line of 7.3 rebounds, 8.3 points and 0.8 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the San Jose State rebounding leaderboard.
- Moore is the top scorer from distance for the Spartans, hitting 1.9 threes per game.