Table of Contents
The No. 7 Northwestern Wildcats (21-11) are 1.5-point underdogs to advance to the second round of the NCAA Tournament when they square off against the No. 10 Boise State Broncos (24-9) on Thursday. Here are some insights into this 7-10 matchup in the West Region bracket that starts at 7:35 PM, live on truTV.
Sick of brackets? Play entirely new March Madness games with the Internet’s #1 March Madness software: RunYourPool.com.
Start here >
How do I watch Broncos vs. Wildcats?
- Game Day: Thursday, March 16, 2023
- Game Time: 7:35 PM ET
- TV Channel: truTV
- Location: Sacramento, California
- Arena: Golden 1 Center
Betting Lines for Broncos vs. Wildcats
Boise State Betting Stats & Information
- Boise State is 17-4 in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 81%).
- The Broncos have a 17-4 record (winning 81% of their games) when they have played as a moneyline favorite of -113 or shorter.
- The Broncos are 17-14-1 against the spread this season.
- The Wildcats are 11-5 against the spread when an underdog by 1.5 points or more this season.
- The average over/under Boise State has had in its matchups this year is 8.1 more points than this particular game’s point total.
Northwestern Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Northwestern has been the underdog 16 times and won nine, or 56.2%, of those games.
- The Wildcats have a record of 9-7 in games where sportsbooks have them as underdogs of at least -106 on the moneyline.
- The Wildcats’ ATS record is 19-13-0 this season.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 1.5 points or more, the Wildcats have an 11-5 record against the spread.
- Northwestern’s games this season have averaged a total of 130.1 points, 1.6 more than the point total in this matchup.
Boise State vs. Northwestern Season Stat Comparison
|Boise State Rank||Boise State AVG||Northwestern AVG||Northwestern Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Boise State Broncos Leaders
- The leader in rebounds and assists for the Broncos is Marcus Shaver Jr., who grabs 6.1 boards and distributes 3.8 assists per game to go with a 13.5 PPG scoring average.
- Tyson Degenhart leads Boise State in scoring, averaging 14.3 per game to go with 5.4 rebounds and 1.8 assists.
- Max Rice makes more threes per game than any other member of the Broncos, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.2 per contest.
Northwestern Wildcats Leaders
- Boo Buie racks up 17.1 points and adds 4.5 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Wildcats’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Matthew Nicholson is at the top of the Northwestern rebounding leaderboard with 5.5 rebounds per game. He also scores 6 points and adds 1.3 assists per game.
- Buie hits 1.9 three-pointers per game, the most on the Wildcats.